Hey everyone,

I sold my iPhone 4 jailbroken, signed out of all my accounts, took off all info, but other then that i forgot to do a full restore.

is my info at risk? will the person I sold the phone to have any trouble signing into their accounts?
    03-14-2013 08:30 PM
    The person you sold it to shouldn't be able to, but still, it would have been safer if you had restored. Do you, by chance, have the Find My iPhone app installed on it? If so, you 'may' be able to login to iCloud.com, select that particular option and then select to erase the device. Being that you signed out of everything, it may not help, but it's worth a try.
    03-14-2013 08:37 PM
    Doing a restore through find my iPhone from your computer can actually mess the phone up for the other person you should not attempt it. As long as you erased everything before giving it to the buyer your safe as the buyer most likely already did a restore you can contact them and ask them if you want but you should be safe.
    03-14-2013 08:40 PM
    Doing a restore through find my iPhone from your computer can actually mess the phone up for the other person you should not attempt it.
    That is very true, however, if I had just sold it to the person and forgot to restore it and had lingering doubts about what I may have left on the device, I wouldn't hesitate to wipre it remotely.
    As long as you erased everything before giving it to the buyer your safe
    I think so, too.
    as the buyer most likely already did a restore you can contact them and ask them if you want but you should be safe.
    I wouldn't depend on that, although it could be true.
    03-14-2013 08:53 PM
    That is very true, however, if I had just sold it to the person and forgot to restore it and had lingering doubts about what I may have left on the device, I wouldn't hesitate to wipre it remotely. I think so, too. I wouldn't depend on that, although it could be true.
    As true as all this is taking a chance and doing a remote wipe will mess up a jailbroken phone and will not wipe completely you actually have to put the phone in restore or dfu mode to restore or you will keep getting a restart loop that you can kick the phone out of if you know how and return everything back to normal. At the same time doing that you don't know what the person has on the phone and you will risk loosing his info.
    My suggestion just send them an email and ask them it won't hurt to ask its better then erasing all there info and yours from the phone. Plus if you sold it with 5.1.1 on there I'm sure the buyer upgraded to 6.1.2 and did a restore
    03-14-2013 08:59 PM