iCloud email?

jlw0211

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok so yesterday my 4s did something weird and now I have a iCloud and a @me email address for iCloud. Anyone know what happened?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know that Apple is in the process of transforming those of us with iCloud @me.com addresses into @icloud.com addresses

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So will we have both or just the iCloud one?

I'm not sure if they are going to do it in the manner that Microsoft has done with Hotmail or not. If so, then yes, you will have both. Yet, Apple hasn't provided enough information, at least not since the last time I checked, for me to give you a definite yes or not answer.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok so yesterday my 4s did something weird and now I have a iCloud and a @me email address for iCloud. Anyone know what happened?

You might have enabled Notes sync with iCloud. If you didn't previously set your Apple email address, you would have been prompted to pick a username and create your new email address with Apple's domain name.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So will we have both or just the iCloud one?

I have been driving JMD crazy with the same questions about email especially the new Outlook which has taken Hotmails place and iCloud. I set up and outlook acct. on my IOS 4S and it went fine and had a hotmail acct. but I was asked if I wanted to close Hotmail which I amswerdd yes to and created a new xxx@oulook.com email so now it looks a bit different with my gmail and outlook acct on my native email app. i also set up an iCloud acct now as well but did not have an @me acct. before but i did call Apple and was told that eventually everyone will only have an iCloud email address only and not both.

It takes a bit of getting use to my new look in my native email box with 3 emails accts. but it helps on why I created them to begin with to use for certain reasons.

You got the right answer though and hope this helps as well.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After reading reports today that Apple has completed the @icloud.com transition and has been emailing certain customers alerting them to the change, I decided to send myself a test email message using the @icloud.com suffix and sure enough, I received the test email in my @me.com inbox.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For those of you waiting to see if your @icloud.com address is active, go to Settings-iCloud-Account and under the "Advanced" heading, tap on Mail. In the middle of the screen under the heading "Allow Sending From", you should see both the @me.com & @icloud.com addresses. From there, you can elect to turn ON or OFF the one you don't want to send from. Both of mine are turned ON at least until I decide to update everyone in my contact list of the change. Anyway, I this post was helpful to you. Enjoy the rest of your evening. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Got my email yesterday that my iCloud.com address was available.

Thanks, Alli. I haven't received an email from Apple yet, but my @icloud.com account is all set up and working properly.

UPDATE: I got the email from Apple yesterday.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have both also for a while now I receive email at my me.com never tried the iCloud one thou yet

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2