iTunes Match not syncing

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've been using iTunes match since it went live. My problem is I know you cannot sync through iTunes. But when I make changes to my playlist on iTunes it's not changing on my iPhone. For example I added 10 songs to my rock playlist but those 10 songs aren't showing up on my phone. Anyone else experienced this issue? Or do you think it's because the servers are getting overwhelmed?

Reactions: NoleScream

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've been using iTunes match since it went live. My problem is I know you cannot sync through iTunes. But when I make changes to my playlist on iTunes it's not changing on my iPhone. For example I added 10 songs to my rock playlist but those 10 songs aren't showing up on my phone. Anyone else experienced this issue? Or do you think it's because the servers are getting overwhelmed?

Indirectly, thank you for answering my question from another thread: http://forums.tipb.com/itunes-itunes-store-forum/224462-cannot-add-music-after-itunes-match.html#post1806876

I didn't realize that local sync is useless after iCloud is turned on. That's sort of silly, imho, is there a good reason for it?

Also, my guess is that the servers are just busy. I've had problems getting proper artwork to come down since switching to iTunes Match. It's hit and miss with how quick the service downloads from the cloud work for me too.

How long have you waited to see if the updated playlist shows up?

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
LOL no problem for answering your other question!! I guess the reason for getting rid of local syncing is for maybe more convenience in Apple's opinion. Used to lets say I bought a song on my iPhone and added it to one of my playlists, then when I got home and synced to iTunes that song would disappear off of my iPhone playlist. Now, with iTunes match if you make changes to your playlist on iPhone, iPad, etc. it changes on all the devices. But, to answer your last question I made changes to my playlist around 12ct and its now 6:45pm ct and it still hasn't made the changes.

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you I just added one to a playlist and it showed up on my iPhone as soon as I went to the Playlist tab.

A couple of thoughts:

1. Are you in Wi-Fi range?
2. If not, do you have 3G turned on for the iTunes Store?
3. Are the changes showing in iTunes?

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
OK I think I just figured it out maybe......I went to the iTunes store and clicked iTunes match. After that for some odd reason iTunes asked me to add my computer which is weird since I went through this the other day. Basically, I think iTunes Match got turned off on iTunes on my computer

Last edited:

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
OK I think I just figured it out maybe......I went to the iTunes store and clicked iTunes match. After that for some odd reason iTunes asked me to add my computer which is weird since I went through this the other day.

It just did the same thing to me.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep! That also fixed my issue. I was trying to download a playlist, but my phone kept giving me an unable to connect to store error.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep! That also fixed my issue. I was trying to download a playlist, but my phone kept giving me an unable to connect to store error.

I was just about to report back saying this solved my problem. I still would like to know how match got turned off on my iMac though.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to report back saying this solved my problem. I still would like to know how match got turned off on my iMac though.

I never turned it off, either. It was fine on my Mac mini, but was off on my Win7 notebook.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77