Please help. Google Exchange and iCloud Calendar

pavel#CB

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Having this issue on both iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, both running iOS5.

This is my current setup:

Email: Google Exchange using Google Apps account.
Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks: iCloud.

The problem:

Whenever I receive an event/meeting email request on my iPhone, it doesn't add anything to my phone calendar. And when I open the email with the event/meeting request, I see attached file that I would generally click to bring up calendar info. It does nothing however, clicking on the ics file does absolutely nothing.

I've narrowed it down to exchange/icloud calendar issue. If I disable icloud calendar and enable google exchange calendar, I can open ics files just fine and everything is working as desired, however I would like to stop using google calendar and use icloud's instead.

I've tried everything (restored phone to factory, deleted exchange acc and added it again etc).

B

bonesb

The "other" problem - it's not "Exchange", it's Exchange ActiveSync, despite what the iPhone settings tell us. Apple is the same, they're implementing a proprietary version of EAS.

Your problem: you're attempting to accept invitations across platforms, and it's not going to work on your iOS device. Look, I have my devices set up exactly the same way - Google Apps for email and iCloud for everything else. Give it up.

Use Google's totally sweet web app. When you hear that Mail chime, and you see an invitation, switch to Mobile Safari and Google Apps Mail, and accept the invitation that way. You'll need to use Outlook (Windows) or iCal (Mac) to change the event to iCloud.

Short version - what you're hoping to accomplish is not going to happen. I'm moving my domain - email and calendaring to Office 365 or my own server, since Google's not what I hoped it to be. Cross-platform invitations, just ain't gonna happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77