I'm really hoping that iCloud turns out to be all that it is hyped up to be. I've been using google sync for awhile but I'm hopeful for iCloud.
    07-04-2011 02:21 PM
    The idea of MobileMe versus Google services has been an agonizing, hair-pulling experience for a number of years (ok, since 2008). I always felt MobileMe was lacking in reliability and Google was solid and reliable. However, Google services "work", but don't "fit" a iOS device like MobileMe. A brief example: calendars. I have five calendars I use: Home, Work, Birthdays, Reminders, and Sports. If I color a MobileMe calendar green on either iCal or me.com, it is green everywhere. It makes it easy to spot and look at, and the colors are familiar. With Google, since it uses Exchange, it's random and confusing. Could be blue. Could be red. Could be green (by chance)...or yellow...or brown. Ugh.

The Apple ecosystem is where a dedicated Mac/iOS user should be. Like another poster stated, though, when Steve-o said they threw the MobileMe services "away" and re-wrote them from the ground up...I hope he meant that...and that we'd get something more reliable than MobileMe has been. There are LOTS of little problems day to day that drive me nuts. Still, I'm hanging in there...but it's annoying that I have to play "trust but verify" on my calendar, contacts and email.
    07-09-2011 07:42 AM
    Unless iOS 5 VASTLY improves the calendar, I'll still be using Calengoo - in which case my personal calendar is still blue everywhere, my family calendar is still yellow everywhere, you get the picture. Google still wins. Takes a few minutes of setup, but it definitely fits into the iOS ecosystem when you use a decent iOS app (which the built in calendar isn't).
    07-09-2011 10:54 AM
    If the web apps apple promised for iCloud are as good as gmail, google calendar, etc. Then I will be leaving google (just leave it open for google+) and use everything with my @me.com email address.
    07-09-2011 12:00 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD