Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Hi, can someone assit me, im looking to forward my GMail to my mobileme account so this way it will push to my iphone. BUT i want to be able to respond to my gmail messages from my gmail name, is that at all possible ? If so can someone post a walk through ?

Sorry if this has been addressed but i tried seaching and could not find this exactly.
    Thanks
    07-14-2009 01:49 PM
    I think you need to set up both accounts anyway and just leave the gmail account alone (if you set up a filter in Gmail that both forwards the message and skips the inbox/archives immediately, you won't get new mail popping up in that account).

Then, when it comes into MobileMe and you hit reply, you can tap the From: address and spin it down to Gmail.

Not an elegant solution, I know..
    07-14-2009 03:33 PM
    This thread has some more info on this subject http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...iphone-3g.html
    07-14-2009 04:16 PM
    i have my gmail setup to forward to my mobile me, but i installed the gmail acct on my phone first. then i set the gmail to only fetch email manually. now i only get the email on my mobile me acct, but i can respond from whatever acct is on my iphone. i just click on the from header and select my gmail acct. its kind of a pain, but it works. i'm not sure though if its supposed to work this way, as when i open the gmail acct on the phone, there is never any mail there. but i store it on mobile me, so its no biggie.

edit....ok, so i went onto gmail.com and figured out why i dont get the email on my iphone acct, only the forwarded one. under forwarding, i have it set to forward my email to my @me.com acct, and i have it archinving my gmail on the actual server. this way i'm not getting double email on my phone, and i only have the mobileme acct folders to deal with.
    Last edited by cobra302; 07-14-2009 at 09:49 PM.
    07-14-2009 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD