MobileMe Contacts Not Syncing

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I just realized that MobileMe is no longer syncing with contacts. I have tested going from MM to iPhone and iPhone to MM. Neither are working. Between MM and MacBook work just fine though. Is there a way to manually force my iPhone to sync? I currently have all my settings set to push. I tried setting them all to manual and back to push and nothing happened. I REALLY don't want to delete MM and re-add it because I have stuff on my iPhone I need to get sync'd to MM. I noticed there was a contact I added weeks ago that wasn't on MacBook or MM. So I don't what I have changed since the last time it sync'd. I've done a lot of playing around with birthdays today as well... which is what caused me to notice it wasn't working.

Any ideas? I may end up just doing a restore... /sigh

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Did this seem to happen about the same time as you upgraded to 2.2? If so then you might need to do a restore to new iPhone. I had to do this because of something in the phone running and draining the battery in a matter of hours.

Although you might want to try just deleting and adding back the mobile me account in the phone. I know you said you didn't want to do that, but it would be worth a try before a restore. Although you should be prepared to do a restore at the same time becuase if this del/readd doens't work you'll have no contacts :eek:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This happened to me before as well. A restore may work but it may not, simply deleting MobileMe from the phone itself will not work either (more than likely), what will work is wiping all of your contacts out of the cloud and importing a fresh list (from your address book on your Mac) and then reset your sync history on your Mac and then add MobileMe back on to your iPhone...

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Well I was up til 3 last night fighting with MobileMe :) I ended up adding all the changes I had made (hopefully all) to my Mac which went to the cloud. Then I simple turned contact syncing off (which wiped everything) then back on again. Everything "appears" to be working now. But I haven't done a test today. Everything was working fine last night. If it happens again, I'll do a restore and deleting cloud info like Ash recommended. What's most annoying about this, is my free trial finally wore off and I notice that it's not working about 8 hrs after I paid my subscription.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77