My goal is to get more fit by the end of the month. For now, I've got no specific goal, but to just be as fit as possible by March.

Follow my story at my thread here: http://forums.imore.com/health-fitne...ack-track.html
    Last edited by GioV1195; 02-06-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    02-06-2012 09:29 PM
    hi, I am 22 years old and my weight is 265 lbs. I started the first week of February doing some cardio and stop eating junk food and fast food. my goal is to lose 80-100 pounds. so far, i have lost a few pounds. i know is difficult but not impossible. when i feel like giving up to exercise, I say to myself that if I want a better life, I have to do it. I know I can and I WILL DO it.
    ilovebarolo likes this.
    02-06-2012 10:16 PM
    can i still get in on this? i'm thinking of doing it all!
    Last edited by sector107; 02-06-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    02-06-2012 10:59 PM
    doing cardio workouts all week long!
    02-06-2012 11:14 PM
    Whew! Just finished another great P90x workout! Doin well on the diet and ready to set a new weekly goal! Keep it up everyone!
    02-06-2012 11:48 PM
    better late than never, my goals are to eat more healthy- my fitness pal keeps me honest and start doing cardio-treadmill.
    02-07-2012 12:30 AM
    I am currently training for a marathon. My goal is to at least maintain or surpass my current weekly mileage 25-30 miles per week.
    02-07-2012 01:05 AM
    Well, I'm not too pleased with myself. All set to stop by the gym on the way home from work, but forgot I'd made plans to see some friends at a wine bar. It was panini instead of treadmill last night! Good news is my workout clothes are still clean and waiting for tonight's workout -- which WILL happen.
    02-07-2012 09:09 AM
    Starting my pure cardio workout 10:00am.

May the Force be with you.
    02-07-2012 09:51 AM
    Even though I was rudely awakened by my roommate this morning, i still got up and did the strength training and enjoyed some hot tea. Here's to keeping it up for a lot longer than a few days haha
    02-07-2012 10:07 AM
    For those of you quitting soda/pop for the challenge, stick with it. I've been a soda+ a day drinker since I was probably 10 (I'm 27 now) and I quit for last year's resolution. I struggled, both with cravings and major headaches, for about six weeks, then I had no desire to drink soda. The other positive that came out of it was that I dropped about 10 pounds with no other changes to my diet or activity level.

It's definitely a mind of matter situation. You guys can do it.
    02-07-2012 10:30 AM
    I am creating my own challenge by swimming a consistent 44 seconds per lap in the pool. I know this is slow, but when I started it was over 50 seconds. I am now at 45-46 seconds and ready to break the barrier.
    02-07-2012 10:57 AM
    Yesterday's workout was the Pure Cardio from insanity. Hardest workout I've done in years.

Exercise bike today.
    02-07-2012 12:02 PM
    still keeping it up running 2.5 miles a day in about 20mins and then doing my push ups and sit ups and different weight lifting exercises 7 days a week for a total of an hour. My advice start small but the best is to get into a routine like once you come home from work change and go work out right away dont sit down or anything like that
    02-07-2012 12:09 PM
    Started a little strength training this morning. 2 sets of 10 each - push-ups, crunches, and lunges. Will work up to more quickly! Been running 4 days a week for about a month and really enjoying it. Down 12 lbs - 7 more to go! Eating better too. Cravings are almost gone (8-10 M&Ms a night really get rid of the chocolate craving). Keep it up everyone!
    02-07-2012 01:28 PM
    I've been working on my health for a while now- I'm working to lose 100lbs and I've lost 75 so far. I'd love to see the last 25 gone by April 1st- That's my goal.
    02-07-2012 03:00 PM
    again a timed work out... in 15 mins

80 push ups
    240 sit ups
    80 squats.

Fun fun fun.
    02-07-2012 03:04 PM
    Click to view quoted image

People of iMore, the Mobile Nations Fitness month has begun!

You can go read all about it on the front page, but here's where the action is taking place. This is where we're setting reasonable, attainable goals. This is where we're starting our pattern for pure win.

Not sure how to start? Pick just ONE thing from this list and make it you goal for the week. It should be challenging enough that it takes some effort to do it, but not so challenging that you give up before you really get going. Here are some examples.

Nutrition

• Stop drinking sugary drinks for a week (or beer of that's more your thing).
    • If that's too easy, stop eating fast food/junk food for a week.

A week is 6 days, you get a cheat day at the end!

Strength training

• Do 2 sets of 10 pushups, 10 sit ups, and 10 squats every morning right when you get up.
    • If that's too easy, do 4 sets.

You can start with 1 set and work up to 2, or 3 sets and work up to 4. The important thing is to get going!

Cardio training

• Do 15 min. of cardio, 3 times during the week. It can be running, dancing, martial arts, rope skipping, jumping jacks, anything.
    • If that's too easy, do 20-30 min. at a slightly higher intensity.

You can run for as long as you can and then walk, for example, if you need to, but you want to try to run -- or do whatever cardio activity you're doing -- for longer each time until you get to the full time.

Ready...? Set...? GO!

What's your goal for week 1 going to be? Pick it and stick it in a reply below, then come back every day and let us know how you're progressing! If you're doing well, share your story and help keep us inspired. If you're having trouble, ask questions and we'll be there to help.

The important thing is to do and to keep doing. Pick something attainable and then attain it!

Oh, and you could win an iPad 3!

You, the iMore Nation, are our motivation. And to keep you motivated, we have some great prizes lined up. Anyone and everyone who participates, who shares their goals and keeps us up-to-date with their regular progress will be automatically entered to into our:

• Weekly drawings for an iPod nano. We're giving away 4 total, one each week!
    • Grand prize drawing for an iPad 3 IOU! (You'll get it when Apple launches it!)

There will also be some great app and accessory giveaways along the way to keep everyone on their toes.
    i am going to run 2 kms and do 20 push ups every day.. very excited.. need to lose those extra pounds..
    02-07-2012 03:54 PM
    I chose the cardio 3 x a week.

Since Feb 1st I have actually done 30 min of walking DVD (My wife's Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVDs)

I have done it Feb 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th.

And for an added bonus I'm down about 4 lbs since Feb 1st.
    02-07-2012 04:20 PM
    Still no meat!
    02-07-2012 05:03 PM
    This morning i woke up half an hour earlier than usual, I did 1 set of 10 pushups, situps, and squats. I than had breakfast, and did the 2nd set.

Didnt do cardio today, I will be tommorrow.

I was doing bench press in the gym aswell as leg press and just simple reps with dumbells.
    02-07-2012 07:14 PM
    I've been enjoying my workouts so far and today I tried Zumba. Kicked my butt but I liked it. Still good on no sodas and fast food. Even though hubby is nursing a cold coke right next to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love Zumba. It's a really great cardio class with some strength training. I usually leave class drenched in sweat. Love it. Though I am still trying to find the best pair of shoes for the class (need more stability for my ankles).

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    02-07-2012 07:22 PM
    Days 1 (yesterday) and 2 (today) were a success! No booze and did Insanity workouts both days.
    sector107 likes this.
    02-07-2012 07:47 PM
    Today I did 4 sets of 20 push-ups, curl-ups, squats, and one/ two leg mountain climbers. I also did 200 jumping jacks.
    02-07-2012 08:53 PM
    40 minutes of high-incline cardio for me. The machine said I burned 400 calories, but I don't know if I trust those. Still hate the thought of counting calories ...

From iPhone using Tapatalk
    sector107 likes this.
    02-07-2012 08:54 PM
309 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD