Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 1 (iPod nano + iPad 3 giveaway!)

mlett

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
C25k + Strength Training

I started a couple weeks ago & plan on keeping up is doing C25k. I just did Week 3 Day 2 this morning. Before I do C25k, I do some strength training. So I go to the gym 3 times a week doing this. Also once do one of my wife's DVDs of Jillian for she's pretty tough. Also we have been going on short walks in the evening since it has been wonderful weather in OK.

DrifterX7

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Now that my wedding (and consequent planning) is over, I have time to ride and race again. Maybe throw in some P90X for some strength training.

mysimba97

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing tae kwondo 4 days a week. Starting this week, I've added running. I'm going to run one mile ever other day. I'll increase my mileage each week so that I can prepare for a marathon this year.

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am working on a 5K. I'm really far behind so my goal this week is do a mile in under 14 minutes. I know that's not fast but I am currently at just over 15 minutes and I gotta start somewhere. :)

bones10

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning on doing cardio with running. This week I've run twice - about 5 1/3 miles each day. My goal is to reach 15 miles total by the end of the week.

- John

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My goal is cardio, and today I logged 35 minutes doing intervals on an elliptical machine. Woohoo! My cardio goal for the week is to push the resistance on the machine one level higher. So far, so good.

Last edited:

jmalloch

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
This is perfect timing for me. I'm on week 2 of cross fit workouts and I just finished my last soda in the house. My goals are to eliminate sodas, both regular and diet, continue my 3-4 times a week workouts and improve my diet to only whole, natural foods ( lean meats, vegetables, fruit). I am doing well so far, but, as with all things, it is good to have some outside help and encouragement.

jmalloch

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Since this is about tips as well as goals, I'll add what has helped me most with keeping up a workout routine. I always pack my gym bag the night before. That way there is no excuse for not brining it with me. If I have my gym bag sitting on my passenger seat, it is very hard to drive by the gym after work. Also, if I am going to work out before work, I just grab my bag and go and don't lose time getting everything ready. Hope this helps.

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Exercise...

I cut out soda over a decade ago, and don't even like it anymore (I used to drink several cans of Mt. Dew or some other soda each day). I don't eat fast foot that much either, though I could still improve my diet a bit. So...

Exercise is the thing this year. We recently got a dog and have a couple miles of woods trails across the street. We've been taking a brisk walk through those trails a couple times each week (also pushing a stroller), and hope to keep that up and maybe increase the frequency.

upurassets

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Cardio

I'm committing to the Cardio goal, plus my son just got the Nike+ system for his iPhone so we need to get him going on a healthy lifestyle.

gruswitz

Aug 21, 2006
Visit site
My wife and I got rolling on a fitness program 4 months ago and are about half way to our goals. Our program has been reduced calorie meals, reduced carbs and alcohol, healthier snacking (hard boiled eggs, fresh veggies, fruit), weekend 3-5 mile hike, 30 minute cardio 2-3 times per week, and working out for 1 hour with a personal trainer 3 times a week. The personal training is brutal strength and cardio, but it is paying off. My wife has lost 10 pounds and I have lost 20. I have also lost 4 inches off my waist. I'm on target to be back to the fitness and weight I had when I started college (23 years ago) by summer. It has been hard work and I feel like I do nothing but work, exercise, and sleep, but I feel so much healthier and stronger.

So, goal for the week - 3 sessions with the trainer, 3 mile run today, intervals of sprints, jogging and hills on Friday, 5 mile hike Sunday, watch the diet, drink more water.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Did the insanity cardio power & resistance workout today. My legs are dead!!

Brought to you via Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2