Google Maps screen dimming

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed since the most recent Google Maps update that while following a route that the screen will dim making it difficult to view the screen. I find this very annoying. I'll sometimes even close the app and find that even the brightness of my home screen is affected. This is quite an annoyance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed since the most recent Google Maps update that while following a route that the screen will dim making it difficult to view the screen. I find this very annoying. I'll sometimes even close the app and find that even the brightness of my home screen is affected. This is quite an annoyance.

I used it the other day to help troubleshoot something for another member and I didn't notice any screen dimming. That is not to say that it did not occur, but I simply don't recall it doing so.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I use it everyday to make work deliveries. I program anywhere from 6-10 destinations and it has dimmed numerous times. I'm not sure if this is Googles attempt at reducing battery power or what but I find it very annoying. I prefer the reliability and credibility of Google Maps but this is quite an annoyance, to the point that I have begun using Apple Maps on occasion to avoid the dimming annoyance.

daniel84

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you didn't wait enough long so map can load all needed things.. I doubt they have crushed something with their new update..

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Definitely happens to me on a weekly basis. I'm hoping iOS 7 will improve Apple Maps so I can go back to it. Like Apples interface much better also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2