Gmail Sync issue

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hello all...all i want to do is prevent my iphone from saving my email history to my contacts when synching with itunes...is this possible?

...in laymans terms, When i send someone an email, that email address is saved to my history, how do i Stop it from saving to my iPhone cotacts when im synching with itunes??

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've searched and tested for quite a while because evidently I have no life and I can't stay away from a good puzzle. :) I found this post http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-help/174519-phantom-emails-contacts-2.html discussing a plugin for Bosspref. It seems like it worked for one guy but it didn't for me. It corrupted the database that contains the history and contacts. Luckily I backed my files up before trying and it was easy to restore them. Try at your own risk.

The only other solution I've found is to restore the phone....which I think is unrealistic for something like this.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I've searched and tested for quite a while because evidently I have no life and I can't stay away from a good puzzle. :) I found this post http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-help/174519-phantom-emails-contacts-2.html discussing a plugin for Bosspref. It seems like it worked for one guy but it didn't for me. It corrupted the database that contains the history and contacts. Luckily I backed my files up before trying and it was easy to restore them. Try at your own risk.

The only other solution I've found is to restore the phone....which I think is unrealistic for something like this.

So im guessing the method below is what corrupted the database??

I posted in other threads about the same topic so just search for my username I guess. I had the same problem, I searched also the only way you can get rid of the remembered email addresses is to Jailbreak your phone and use BossPrefs with the ABRecent Cleanup plugin. Well the only way I've found.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes you are right.....I forgot to give you the path of the two files the plugin messes with.

/private/var/root/Library/AddressBook/Addressbook.sqlitedb
/private/var/mobile/Library/Addressbook/Addressbook.sqlitedb

If you know anything about database programming and structure, you could download sqlite for free, open both databases and delete which ever tables that are storing these email addresses. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
This really is a pain. I have a friend who I used to email at his office email address, but he recently got laid off, so the email address is no longer valid. My iPhone, however, still pulls up that email address everytime I start typing his name in a new email to him even though I deleted that work email address from his contact info in my address book.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It is a HUGE pain in the arse. I had no idea how difficult this was going to be until I read this post and started looking into it. Apple likes to keep things simple but for God's sake man, add a toggle switch or something.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
It is a HUGE pain in the arse. I had no idea how difficult this was going to be until I read this post and started looking into it. Apple likes to keep things simple but for God's sake man, add a toggle switch or something.

Yeah, this seems like a real easy fix. All you need is to allow an edit/delete function next to any address you need to delete. Maybe it's something Apple can address in a future firmware update. We need to get this posted on Apple's iPhone forum, so that someone takes notice?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2