What are the things you wished Apple did that other companies have.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Always on display for the iPhone....to show #s of unread mails & messages, date, TOD, timers, alarm set etc. Loooooong overdue. The argument that it costs too much battery is utterly ridiculous.

For me, this has always been such an out of all reason omission, that it constantly makes me want to have an Android phone. Maybe I will change sides eventually.
(explanation: for me, as a former long term Blackberry user, it drives me mad to not see that something has arrived, and to always having to turn the screen on. I still didn't get used to this, after several years with the iPhone)

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Allow the placement of icons ANYWHERE on the screen.
I know, not ground breaking. But....

Essentially...more software customisation. Icons anywhere, ability to set default apps, have an Always On Display, customisable app icons and notification etc.

Also expandable storage via microsd would be nice, since Apple charges quite a lot for storage and the default is lower than most of their Android counterparts (64GB vs 128GB).

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, RIM, I mean BlackBerry spoiled us.
I miss my red light notifications. Even more so if I return to the room my device is in, after being away for a while.

I am not one of those that takes my mobile everywhere. Even at work, I leave it on my desk half the time. People get mad because they cannot get hold of me (I work in IT). I just laugh, am not tied to my mobile people :)

Ooooh yeah. But then, I’ve always loved my Blackberry devices and I still miss them.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Ooooh yeah. But then, I’ve always loved my Blackberry devices and I still miss them.

As most folks know, I am also a old Blackberry user and I know most of the Apple purist out there don’t like the blinking red LED for notifications, but I do miss that feature.

The one thing I will say is IOS has come a long way with the Notification Center. For those who used OS10, the BB Hub was a great feature, but I have learned to like how the current Notification Center works and is only going improve with future updates.

I would also like to have the ability the customize the the way the icons are displayed on the home screen. I think Apple has a to walk a fine line, there are folks who love the simplicity of IOS and those of us who would like to see them expand on its capabilities, time will tell how they approach it.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
As most folks know, I am also a old Blackberry user and I know most of the Apple purist out there don’t like the blinking red LED for notifications, but I do miss that feature.
the thing is, I can turn the LED off on a Blackberry, but I can't turn it on on an iPhone.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have all notifications apart from text and phone ringer turned firmly off,and don’t use voicemails, so that does not matter to me. What I would like is to be able to see what track I was listening to without interrupting my reading.

AndrewPerth

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Resurrect the AirPort brand with a mesh router including hardware VPN, firewall, gateway, iTunes/App Store caching, HomeKit hub, TimeMachine server.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2