What do you NOT LIKE about Apple?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Suspense creates hype, which doesn't translate to sales when the product seems underwhelming to people.

Well, it seems to be working. They are selling more expensive phones that makes up for a decrease in sales.
Will it last forever? I doubt it. I am like many others who will not spend over $1000 for a phone. I buy used (just bought an X) which is much more acceptable to me. I am interested to see how the XR sells.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, it seems to be working. They are selling more expensive phones that makes up for a decrease in sales.
Will it last forever? I doubt it. I am like many others who will not spend over $1000 for a phone. I buy used (just bought an X) which is much more acceptable to me. I am interested to see how the XR sells.
So... it's not?

They are just able to make up for decreased volume with higher profit margins...

Which is fine. Its becoming very difficult to offer "compelling" upgrades across the board. That's why all OEMs are raising their prices.

Personally, $1,000 is my limit, but the weak battery life and base storage in the smaller XS is a showstopper for me. Otherwise, I'd have been all over that one.

Of the XS Max had an SD card slot, I'd have taken the $100 hit on the base model and just put on one of my microSD cards in it, et voilà.

But none of that is possible, so I jumped ship.

The thought of it was more traumatic than the result, Lol. Did a lot of pondering, but am pleased with the decision.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
So... it's not?

They are just able to make up for decreased volume with higher profit margins...

Which is fine. Its becoming very difficult to offer "compelling" upgrades across the board. That's why all OEMs are raising their prices.

Personally, $1,000 is my limit, but the weak battery life and base storage in the smaller XS is a showstopper for me. Otherwise, I'd have been all over that one.

Of the XS Max had an SD card slot, I'd have taken the $100 hit on the base model and just put on one of my microSD cards in it, et voilà.

But none of that is possible, so I jumped ship.

The thought of it was more traumatic than the result, Lol. Did a lot of pondering, but am pleased with the decision.

Currently it is working. Look at how much money they are making. I do think the XR is an attempt to bring back people who don’t want their top of the line phones .
Nothing wrong with trying Android. They are certainly an equal choice and you can find reasonably priced phones with different options. I did Android for a few years but ultimately came back to iPhone for several reasons which are important to me. As long as there are options in the sub $1000 segment I will stick around.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Currently it is working. Look at how much money they are making. I do think the XR is an attempt to bring back people who don’t want their top of the line phones .
Nothing wrong with trying Android. They are certainly an equal choice and you can find reasonably priced phones with different options. I did Android for a few years but ultimately came back to iPhone for several reasons which are important to me. As long as there are options in the sub $1000 segment I will stick around.

I would think you don't upgrade every year, do you? I personally won't be spending a 1000 on a phone per year unless the phone I had broke.

firarottico

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
There’s not much that I don’t like about Apple tbh. Currently I’m frustrated because I really wanted an IPP 3. I found the last event to be underwhelming and soporific and I’m really glad I didn’t need a new phone. I agree with whoever that said Apple doesn’t seem hungry anymore, that they no longer have their foot on the gas.

I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. I won’t put any important stuff on it like banking or taxes, I keep that on Apple devices, (at the moment that means just my phone) but for light stuff like surfing and movies, I’ll give Samsung a go... tentatively because I’ve been burned before, lol. Notepad++ Malwarebytes FileZilla

Waiting for Apple to underwhelm me is pretty frustrating, though.
As yet holding out seek after another Apple occasion in October that declares new IPads.

Last edited: