Just wondered how many people still used a iPod, with apple music, photos, etc all syncing across devices I wouldn't think my little iPod Nano would be used much - however I find it comes with me quite a lot while driving or when I get the train or walk etc as I listen to a lot of podcast and have a few photos saved, battery last FOREVER too!

What about you guys/girls?
    07-18-2017 05:55 PM
    07-18-2017 06:07 PM
    Not me either. Gave it to the kids years ago. No idea what happened to it.
    07-18-2017 06:55 PM
    I don’t but the wife has an old iPhone 5 in a drawer that I’m thinking of commandeering for that purpose
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    07-18-2017 07:31 PM
    My youngest son uses my 6th gen iPod Touch. It’s a little workhorse.
    07-18-2017 09:15 PM
    I haven’t used an iPod in a long time. I honestly don’t know anyone who still uses one
    07-18-2017 11:48 PM
    We have sleep white noise in both kids rooms powered by old ipods, also in the car for music playback for the kids child seats. But that is it.

These devices are still all stable and going strong (battery life aside).
    07-19-2017 07:10 PM
    I haven't used my iPod in a while but I still have it. The issue I have with it is that I can get tired of music pretty quickly. I don't buy music as much anymore since I find it easier to stream. This thread makes me want to find my charger and charge it so that I can use it.
    07-20-2017 02:46 PM
    I still have mine, but since buying my first iPhone with more space for music I find I don't use it anymore. I do keep it charged up though.
    bones467 likes this.
    07-20-2017 03:06 PM
    I do.. I have an iPod nano 7th generation for my car, the only time I take it out is to update it and sync new songs on.. other than that it's stays in my car.. great device!
    bones467 likes this.
    07-22-2017 07:20 PM
    I would be doing the exact same as you with mine but as I use Apple music my songs on the iPod are limited hence Podcast! I need to get ripping them CD's lol
    07-24-2017 04:38 PM
    I have an iPod classic in the car for the rare occasion where my iPhone isn't available or coverage is too poor to use Apple Music.
    An iPod shuffle (the clip one) for cycling as I do long distance and my phone needs to conserve battery
    An iPod nano (again the clip one) with the kids music on for long trips in the car where my music isn't appropriate.
    bones467 and libra89 like this.
    07-24-2017 06:16 PM
    I have the most recent Nano. Use it every day while running and working outside. Bought a new one after leaving my month-old one in my pants pocket and washing them. Wouldn’t think of running with my iPhone 6s.
    07-29-2017 10:33 AM
    I've got an iPod Shuffle that I use virtually every day when I go run. More convenient than the bulk of a phone. Sad to know I won't be able to replace it if it expires
    07-29-2017 11:32 AM
    I have 4 iPods that I've used over the years and just bought the 128gb ($299---$100 less than the 64gb when I bought it) model just to have when Apple stops making them all together. Call me old fashioned, but I love those things!
    dazzlingirl likes this.
    07-29-2017 08:02 PM
    Just found a nano (I think) floating around the house. Old one with a click wheel. Had to search for a 30 pin cable to charge it but still had one. All the music and stuff was still on it and those things actually had speakers. It has a solitaire game on it. Took a bit to figure out how to play solitaire with a click wheel, but it was somehow satisfying.
    07-29-2017 09:13 PM
    I'm still using an iPod nano from 2009 (although on a less frequent basis than when I first bought it). Aside from a somewhat diminished battery life, it still works well. Although I often stream music and other audio on my phone, I like to use the iPod when exercising, or in any situation where I'd prefer to keep my phone hidden away in my bag or coat pocket.
    07-30-2017 12:04 AM
    Not me. I gave mine away when I downloaded all of my music to my Blackberry memory card. No need to carry two devices.
    07-30-2017 10:49 AM
    Not me. I gave mine away when I downloaded all of my music to my Blackberry memory card. No need to carry two devices.
    Agreed. Haven't used one in years since smartphones can do both.
    07-30-2017 01:07 PM
    My 10 year old step son received the latest iPod Touch for Christmas last year. He loves that thing. His mother and I decided he's too young to have an iPhone yet. Once he turns 13-14 we'll get him an iPhone.
    07-30-2017 07:32 PM
    I guess for us with iPhone plus models, iPods do have a point, specially when working out, or when you have to save your battery juice (long car/plane trips). I personally have a 2011 iPod touch plugged to my home stereo for music streaming purposes (Spotify, since it doesn't support Apple Music), and also an iPod nano for gym workouts. I find it easier to carry than my gigantic phone, plus I don't wanna risk breaking it or getting it stolen.
    07-30-2017 07:49 PM
    Just wondered how many people still used a iPod, with apple music, photos, etc all syncing across devices I wouldn't think my little iPod Nano would be used much - however I find it comes with me quite a lot while driving or when I get the train or walk etc as I listen to a lot of podcast and have a few photos saved, battery last FOREVER too!

What about you guys/girls?
    I still use a Shuffle. It has every Beatle Album on it....only. And I have the larger 5th Gen as well. Use it to play drums along to music.
    07-31-2017 08:30 AM
    I still use my 80gb video. It was the first and only iPod I bought and it still works great.
    07-31-2017 12:34 PM
    Haven't used them in ages..
    08-01-2017 11:49 PM
    I no longer have a computer that runs iTunes.

We are now an iPad/iPhone only household. Our iPods are now useless as is all of that music we ripped from CD that's sitting on an old hard drive.

Apple needs to provide a way to copy over my entire library to the iPad (not just iTunes purchases).

Apple needs to make the Watch a perfect iPod replacement that does not require an iPhone or a desktop with iTunes. It needs to have

1) sufficient memory
    2) ability to stream from multiple sources (websites, private networks, Podcasts, Apple Music, Apps)
    3) ability to download the all the music I own, not just iTunes purchases
    4) ability to download and manage libraries, browse, search and create playlists.
    5) doesn't rely on cellular - in the real world rural areas - like where we go camping or hiking (or where some people live) don't have cellular coverage.

A Watch that is the iPod of the future and serves everyone (not just iPhone owners) is a very compelling device that would draw people into the Apple ecosystem.

On a related topic - it's still stupid that we can't download MP3/AAC files from the web through Safari and save them on iOS. 3rd party work-around required. They want to prevent illegal copying but also prevent legitimate activities.
    08-15-2017 12:33 PM
36 12