Total amount dissapearing in people/faces album iOS 10.3

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi Rene. I noticed while using the people/faces album that in iOS 10.2.1 it would give me a total amount for each face for example 335 person a. 400 for person b etc

These total numbers seem to have disappeared in iOS 10.3 have you noticed this too and if so why did Apple do this

Thanks

Sam

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While awaiting a response from Rene, don't hesitate to submit a note to Apple directly. Thanks.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I'll do that thanks

I do write to Apple and ring them but they can never give me an answer which is quite surprising :(

johnlpoetry

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Well it's been a month and 1/2 and still no reply from Rene? Wow! It's like waiting on Apple Support to figure out their own problems. I completely agree with you Sam about Apple as I have been fooling around with them for 3 weeks trying to get an answer for the exact same problem. I've had like 4 wasted chats with people who claim they've never heard of this problem created by them of course. It seems like a pretty simple problem to solve, but Apple begs to differ.

johnlpoetry

May 14, 2017
Visit site
No one does and Apple is the biggest perpetrator. It just befuddles me that this problem is that unique whereby you can't get solutions. I can't say if it's the iOS upgrade because I think it was working still shortly after the upgrade. The fact that answer is not in settings let's me know that our vaunted troubleshooter are not as proficient in their work as they should be. I'm going to keep pestering Apple Support until they wake up and do some work. By the way, I got the beta edition of iOS 10.3.2 and the problem still persists.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Maybe they got rid of the total counts on purpose as I noticed 1 face on iPhone wouldn't match the same count for that same face on iPad etc

It's sad the people album hasn't been made yet to work with iCloud

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
None of us here are involved in iOS coding, and although we tend to be Apple enthusiasts, we (Rene included) don't have the answer to every question or the solution to every problem. Furthermore, some situations require Apple support, and this could be one of them. If you've contacted Apple support then be patient and wait for a probable forthcoming fix. In the meantime, those of us here at iMore will take some time at "our" convenience to attempt to find a solution for you.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
i understand that. I only post on here to save me time from contacting Apple support. But to be honest and Apple told me this they only ever fix a problem if its one they see as "important " or priority. I appreciate all the help so far its been a big help and made a big difference

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2