I've been using other email apps and sometimes they tend to fail me in their push services, where I keep waiting for an email and it won't arrive until I manually refresh it, which it shouldn't happen. The only service that won't fail me is fetching, which is why I use the stock email app... that and because is does the job.
    My mail in the stock app is set to fetch every 15 minutes because I can't get push but I've gone into mail to send a mail before and seen last update 47 minutes ago when the phone has had a signal and/or Wi-Fi.

Fetch can also fail too
    06-01-2017 02:44 AM
    My mail in the stock app is set to fetch every 15 minutes because I can't get push but I've gone into mail to send a mail before and seen last update 47 minutes ago when the phone has had a signal and/or Wi-Fi.

Fetch can also fail too
    Agree. No system is perfect, but at least fetching has failed me the least. The worse thing that has happened to me by using fetch is the example you just stated, but at least I get them.
    06-01-2017 10:19 AM
    I like the stock email app 'cos it does what I need, and that's all, and manual fetch as I dislike being interrupted. I'll read or answer when I get round to it.
    06-01-2017 10:31 AM
    When I switched from Windows Phone to an iPhone nearly year ago, I continued using Outlook as my email client. But I also used Apple's Mail simultaneously just to see how it would work. After a couple months I deleted Outlook. Mail did just fine—better in some ways—so why use any other? (The real question.)
    06-01-2017 01:25 PM
    I use Outlook and Inbox (GMail) way better interface for both compared to stock Mail app and I prefer to keep my accounts separate
    06-01-2017 03:47 PM
    I now use the Gmail app for iPhone. And the stock mail app for Outlook, and iCloud.
    06-01-2017 07:12 PM
    I'm using Outlook with an old msn.com address and am now on the stock apps on Mac and iOS. I like the interface of both and can set it up to push to all three.
    06-01-2017 08:51 PM
    Agree. No system is perfect, but at least fetching has failed me the least. The worse thing that has happened to me by using fetch is the example you just stated, but at least I get them.
    True. At least they come through when you check even if not automatically
    06-02-2017 03:05 AM
    Got to say when I came from Blackberry in 2010 to iPhone from Blackberry I was shocked that it doesn't offer push for imap Accounts which is something I'd had on my Blackberry for years. Amazed that still doesn't happen in 2017!
    06-02-2017 03:07 AM
    Cause I don't have to have ten different mail apps for every account I have.
    06-03-2017 02:35 PM
    At one time I did use the Gmail app and default mail app separately, but soon learned the Gmail app does not have the option to print. As bass player in my churches praise band, I like to be able to print new music so I went back to the default mail app for everything, personal and work. Plus I like having one calendar.
    06-03-2017 04:55 PM
    No need for anything those other apps offer. I do have Outlook for my Microsoft Account on both my Mac and iPhone, but only because Microsofts app works best for their service and I don't want both mail boxes universalized. Vast majority of my email activity is done via Apple's mail app on my iPhone and iMac.
    06-04-2017 03:27 PM
62 123