People who use the default mail app, why?

Puakia

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've tried using different mail apps but never found one that I thought did anything outside of the Apple Mail app that I needed. I do have the gmail app sitting on my home page but like going to one place to get everything I use. Stock for me.

etnpnys

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The integration of stock is so good... It's my understanding that if I used something like Spark I would lose a lot of the integrations. For example:
  • Will Siri still work if I say "Read my email"??
  • Will my stock calendar app see appointments that automagically show up in my inbox?
  • Will I lose any of the notification functionality?
  • Will I lose any of the 3D Touch functionality?
The stock app just works really well... Every time I think about using a 3rd party app I realize that I don't really *need* anything else... I'd be switching just because it would be different...

West Londoner

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I use Outlook mainly on my 5S, but use Inbox too

Both well designed apps , better than the stock Mail app , which looks a bit dated

Like the Focused and Other section of Outlook ,as well as the fact that I just prefer the designs of MS Outlook , and Inbox , with Modern UI and Material Design

cjminott

May 30, 2017
Visit site
Personally, I like the way it looks. And honestly, possibly from use, I feel like I can look at it and instantly see all my mail and understand it. Some of the other ones you struggle to see which email is which, what you've replied too, etc.

I also love airmail, but more than once myself or colleagues have ended up at the end of the day realizing that not a single email we sent went out. No drafts, no outbox, just gone in to the void, and that's a hard thing to recover from.

mrcrusha829

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I use the stock mail app because we can't set anything else as default.

I use google chrome as my internet browser however that constantly frustrates me that clicking links always opens them in safari because I can't change the default there either

Use Inbox by Google.... you can select what app you want a link to open in. I was able to choose chrome as that is also what I use.

Lemonhead72

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I use stock mail app for both personal and work account. Our company uses lotus, the stock mail and calendar apps sync flawlessly with with this horrible platform. If you don't like the stock iOS apps, be forced to use lotus for a while and you will love them.

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using other email apps and sometimes they tend to fail me in their push services, where I keep waiting for an email and it won't arrive until I manually refresh it, which it shouldn't happen. The only service that won't fail me is fetching, which is why I use the stock email app... that and because is does the job.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been using other email apps and sometimes they tend to fail me in their push services, where I keep waiting for an email and it won't arrive until I manually refresh it, which it shouldn't happen. The only service that won't fail me is fetching, which is why I use the stock email app... that and because is does the job.

My mail in the stock app is set to fetch every 15 minutes because I can't get push but I've gone into mail to send a mail before and seen last update 47 minutes ago when the phone has had a signal and/or Wi-Fi.

Fetch can also fail too

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My mail in the stock app is set to fetch every 15 minutes because I can't get push but I've gone into mail to send a mail before and seen last update 47 minutes ago when the phone has had a signal and/or Wi-Fi.

Fetch can also fail too

Agree. No system is perfect, but at least fetching has failed me the least. The worse thing that has happened to me by using fetch is the example you just stated, but at least I get them.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I like the stock email app 'cos it does what I need, and that's all, and manual fetch as I dislike being interrupted. I'll read or answer when I get round to it.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
When I switched from Windows Phone to an iPhone nearly year ago, I continued using Outlook as my email client. But I also used Apple's Mail simultaneously just to see how it would work. After a couple months I deleted Outlook. Mail did just fine—better in some ways—so why use any other? (The real question.)

rday76

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I use Outlook and Inbox (GMail) way better interface for both compared to stock Mail app and I prefer to keep my accounts separate

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm using Outlook with an old msn.com address and am now on the stock apps on Mac and iOS. I like the interface of both and can set it up to push to all three.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Agree. No system is perfect, but at least fetching has failed me the least. The worse thing that has happened to me by using fetch is the example you just stated, but at least I get them.

True. At least they come through when you check even if not automatically

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Got to say when I came from Blackberry in 2010 to iPhone from Blackberry I was shocked that it doesn't offer push for imap Accounts which is something I'd had on my Blackberry for years. Amazed that still doesn't happen in 2017!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods