Why did a contact suddenly appeared in Whatsapp and iPhone contacts?

I

iMore Question

Contact suddenly appeared in Whatsapp and iPhone contacts

So there is someone who I work with that I know of, but I have never met him. His contact information just showed up in my whatsapp and iphone contact list and I never added his number. We've never even had a conversation. He could have gotten my number from a coworker, but why would his contact information then show up in MY phone? Does that happen if another person has your number?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Contact suddenly appeared in Whatsapp and iPhone contacts

As far as I know this is not possible without your involvement.

If you know for sure this person never contacted you on WhatsApp I suppose you have an exchange account from your job. If your jobs system administrator entered his number in the contacts, his number will automatically show up in your contacts as well.

Open the Contacts app on your phone, tap Groups in the upper left corner and disable the group for your job. If you don't see his number now in contacts, then I'm right and the system administrator of your job included his number in the group.

Don't forget the group for your job again.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Contact suddenly appeared in Whatsapp and iPhone contacts

So there is someone who I work with that I know of, but I have never met him. His contact information just showed up in my whatsapp and iphone contact list and I never added his number. We've never even had a conversation. He could have gotten my number from a coworker, but why would his contact information then show up in MY phone? Does that happen if another person has your number?

If I'm remembering correctly if he adds your phone number it would pop up for you as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4