My Sleep Wake Button lost it's clicky feedback, will apple replace the handset ?

I

iMore Question

Hey, over the past couple of weeks I realized that my phone's sleep wake was not preforming well in terms of the clicking and pressing of the button. Initially pointed out by a friend, I realized that everyone's iphone around me made a prominent click sound when the button itself was pressed in. I went to the local apple store yesterday to check this out on other handsets and they all worked as expected with mine having some issue with the springing mechanism. I have scheduled an appointment with Apple in regards to this on friday. I am just worried that they will not do anything and since the button's feedback is already gone it will most certainly stop working soon all together. Did anyone have a similar experience with such issue ?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey, over the past couple of weeks I realized that my phone's sleep wake was not preforming well in terms of the clicking and pressing of the button. Initially pointed out by a friend, I realized that everyone's iphone around me made a prominent click sound when the button itself was pressed in. I went to the local apple store yesterday to check this out on other handsets and they all worked as expected with mine having some issue with the springing mechanism. I have scheduled an appointment with Apple in regards to this on friday. I am just worried that they will not do anything and since the button's feedback is already gone it will most certainly stop working soon all together. Did anyone have a similar experience with such issue ?

I had similar issue on 4s and Genius Bar replaced it.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend getting a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store and have the folks there look at it and if it needs replacing they will replace it as long as it's still under warranty.

BartoszSkiba101

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I would recommend getting a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store and have the folks there look at it and if it needs replacing they will replace it as long as it's still under warranty.

Thanks so much for the help, yes I do have an appointment and despite the button still working I expect it to work well and like on other devices. Especially since I have warranty on the device. Thanks for understanding!!!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Best suggestion is to make a Genius appointment and take it in to be looked at. Apple will decide what needs to be done!

BartoszSkiba101

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks ! From what I read online they have replaced the phone for others so and for some they said it wasn't an issue. It really just depends on the person/store I get.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2