Phone sometimes won't wake when pressing the home button

Emiliano55

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

Here's the thing. Basically there are certain times in which pressing the home button once just doens't wake up my locked iPhone SE (Space Grey).

When 'using' the phone the home button just works perfectly. Thing happens only when it's locked. I have to press it once again and then it will wake it. This kind of tells you is not a hardware issue, it seems more an iOS issue.

It doesn't happen always tho, it use to happen once a day, or once every 2 days. I mean, imagine how many times I press the home button during the day. Not really THAT much, but it's kind of annoying when it actually happens.

Funny thing is that the same exact thing happened in my previous iPhone 5s Space Grey. And I know people with the 5s that experiences the same 'problem'.
Look at this post for example: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/279749-when-hitting-home-button-doesn-t-always-wake-screen.html
Same exact issue I had with my previous phone, and same thing I'm having with the SE.
But never really heard of any SE user having it too.

Anyone with a SE experiencing this as well ?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

Here's the thing. Basically there are certain times in which pressing the home button once just doens't wake up my locked iPhone SE (Space Grey).

When 'using' the phone the home button just works perfectly. Thing happens only when it's locked. I have to press it once again and then it will wake it. This kind of tells you is not a hardware issue, it seems more an iOS issue.

It doesn't happen always tho, it use to happen once a day, or once every 2 days. I mean, imagine how many times I press the home button during the day. Not really THAT much, but it's kind of annoying when it actually happens.

Funny thing is that the same exact thing happened in my previous iPhone 5s Space Grey. And I know people with the 5s that experiences the same 'problem'.
Look at this post for example: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/279749-when-hitting-home-button-doesn-t-always-wake-screen.html
Same exact issue I had with my previous phone, and same thing I'm having with the SE.
But never really heard of any SE user having it too.

Anyone with a SE experiencing this as well ?

Happens to my space grey se too like twice a week but its negligible to me. Lol

What version of iOS do both of you have? I think I don't recall this.

Emiliano55

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
iOS 10.0.2 in my case.

Anyways, it seems to be a iOS bug regardless the version. I posted in Reddit too and some users replied with the same. In fact there was one 6s user that reported the same. Thing is I don't think most people even realize about it.

Emiliano55

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for confirm my theory guys. I'm pretty sure this is just an iOS bug that was never fixed. It seems to affects almost all iPhones. Thing is not everybody realizes lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh