Sleep/Wake button doesn't end call -mistake in the manual or defective phone?

TGB77

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I recently got an iPhone7 and now notice that contrary to what the manual says, pressing the sleep/wake button doesn't end a call. I'd like to know if this is an error in the manual or if my phone is defective.

If you're curious if your phone has the same problem, try this: call someone and record a message; to end the call, press the sleep/wake button (as the manual says the call can be ended). Then five to ten seconds later, press the round button at the bottom front. Then see if the timer on the call is still going. If it is, say something else into the phone. Then press the proper number to end the recording and then review the call. See if it recorded the part AFTER you pressed the sleep/wake button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, pressing the sleep/wake button ends the call. If that’s not the case with your phone you may want to perform a hard reset or, if you’re still having a problem, reset to factory settings and reinstall iOS.

FYI—I removed the link you posted as it was to a third party (not Apple) and it’s irrelevant to your main question.

TGB77

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
Yes, pressing the sleep/wake button ends the call. If that’s not the case with your phone you may want to perform a hard reset or, if you’re still having a problem, reset to factory settings and reinstall iOS.

FYI—I removed the link you posted as it was to a third party (not Apple) and it’s irrelevant to your main question.

On my iPhone 7, a press of the sleep/wake button doesn't always end a call. To guarantee that the sleep/wake button ends the user must press it five times.

How is one supposed to end a call if they don't have the luxury of looking at the phone to ensure they press the red button?

BigBoss322

Dec 27, 2020
Visit site
Take a look at the online manual, usually, the mistakes from the physical one aren't in the online ones too. I work a lot with user manuals cause I own a repair shop and usually the customers don't bring the original manuals with the product. I have a site on which I'm able to find pretty much all of the owners manuals that I need and that became my best friend through this journey. It got to the point where I read everything in the manuals and these are the only "books" that I've read during quarantine, I'd like a sci-fi one a lot, haha. The business was a lot more steady in the pandemic than I anticipated so I'm grateful for that.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR