iNotes on 9.3 beta =new password on note function?

I

iMore Question

iNotes on 9.3 beta =>new password on note function

have ios 9.3 b6 on an iPad Pro and iPad4 --- set up several icloud-shared notes with the new password-locked feature. was interested to see how these password-locked notes would appear on the iphone with 9.2, as well as managed between the two iPads.

interestingly, the locked notes just don't appear at all on the iphone 9.2.

additionally, with this beta version, unlocking one note unlocks them all ... notes not individually locked.

is this what others are experiencing with this beta?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: iNotes on 9.3 beta =>new password on note function

I would think that's how they have it. Just like 1Password locks all your passwords with the same master password.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't know about iOS 9.2, but you're right in regard to iOS 9.3 beta. Unlocking one note unlocks them all.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I think it's intended that the locked Notes on iOS 9.3 do not show on iOS 9.2. Why would they? 9.2 has no lock feature. It's for security, is it not?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

have ios 9.3 b6 on an iPad Pro and iPad4 --- set up several icloud-shared notes with the new password-locked feature. was interested to see how these password-locked notes would appear on the iphone with 9.2, as well as managed between the two iPads.

interestingly, the locked notes just don't appear at all on the iphone 9.2.

Pretty sure that's because it's a new feature coming in 9.3, so it makes sense you can't see it in 9.2. ;)

additionally, with this beta version, unlocking one note unlocks them all ... notes not individually locked.

is this what others are experiencing with this beta?

This seems to be intended, although it may be different by the time they're done. We'll have to wait and see if individual notes can be locked when 9.3 goes live.