Old version of iOS app updates no longer go to trash but to other?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
old versions used to be in trash to be deleted. now they are in finder window other

Could you please show us a screenshot possibly? Thanks. I know of no folder called other that is in Finder. When I update apps through iTunes, the old version of the app is put into Trash in Finder.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
That's strange. And where is the "other" folder located in your OSX? Can you find the path to it?
When you right click on one ipa in there and click on "open in containing folder" or something like that, where does it open it at? Trash folder? Or which folder house those old ipa?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
screen shot is posted

Okay, I have gone through my iMac files and found the "Other" files. They are random as to where they are located on my machine. They are also located on my storage drives. Can you send the old versions of apps to the Trash from that location? First I would like you to click on one and get the info as to what path they are taking to get there. This may assist me or another member in providing help. Thank you!

Marineel

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
It doesn’t happen often, but there may be times when you really want to downgrade to the previous version of an iOS app or even older. For example, you just downloaded the latest update of your favorite app to your iPhone, but the new version crashes hard and often and the old version is no longer available in the App Store. Maybe it’s a really buggy version or maybe the new version doesn’t like your spiffy brand new iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2