Restored iPhone now new pictures gone, data recovery. Do I have to jailbreak the phone to recover?

I

iMore Question

Restored iPhone now new pictures gone, data recovery

new iPhone I've had for 3 months but never backed it up using iCloud or iTunes. When I hooked up to computer I mistakenly put restore from pam iPhone which was my previous iPhone instead of "new iPhone." Apple said all my data is now gone (just what I had on my old iPhone up to point I backed that up) and new data 1,700 photos is gone (encrypted and can't get back). Do you have a way????

I've tried tons of trial data recovery programs but they only bring up my old picts that were on my old phone which are now on my new phone.
Possibly jailbreak phone to recover?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Restored iPhone now new pictures gone, data recovery

If you didn't back them up and you restored they are most likely gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately I have to agree with zerog, if you didn't back up your phone before the restore they are most likely lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

Not most likely, they are definitely and irrevocably lost. The iPhone's internal storage is encrypted, what happens when you restore the device (or delete it remotely) is that the key to decrypt the device is discarded and deleted from the device. Until you overwrite the device with new data your old data may still be there but there is absolutely no way to access it. That being said your data is also not there anymore since you've already restored an old update to your phone and the data has been overwritten.

tl;dr
There is no way to get your data back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl