Oh no!!!! WHAT IF the new iPhone 6 has availability problems.....

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Meh, just going to be sticking with the 5s. Went from a galaxy s3 to a 5s cause I wanted a smaller screen. Not really excited about them going bigger.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
They always had preorders up until last year. Where you could order a week before and it was delivered on release day. I wasn't able to get the model I wanted until October with the 5s. They better forget about that 5c or whatever they might have in it's place, and worry about the flagship.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the gold is gonna be as huge as it was on the 5s. It was the first year for gold so everyone wanted to see it and try it. Many people switched to other colours after the newness wore off. I know I did.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
It will be fully unlocked for GSM and LTE. But locked to Verizon for CDMA voice in the US. You should be able to use it just fine on Vodaphone. The only snag could be LTE if Vodaphone uses different LTE bands than the Verizon phone, but even then you would still have 3G voice and data. GSM and LTE are unlocked on Verizon because of a consent decree for a spectrum auction. They don't have a choice.
A full price ATT phone should also be unlocked even on day one.

Oh that's true Karen. DUH.....
Why am I making things difficult for myself?!?!!? That's what Heisenberg said too!!!!!!! . Thank you guys!!!!!

I'm just being such a dufus.....

I'm too excited. I'm hyperventilating here. I'll never make it to September...

Unlocked CDMA phones don't get 3G on Vodafone India. You would be better off with any GSM carrier's device, rather than Verizon/Sprint, for it to get 3G service out of USA.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm in no rush to get the iPhone 6 as my 5C is great. But I will be pre-ordering the iPhone 6 via Apple website when I can so I don't have to renew my contract with Telus. This way the phone will come when it comes and I don't have to wait in line at the apple store. Double bonus is that my contract with telus will be over in Oct 2015 and I will be free to go wherever I want.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
What if there are problems finding, for example, a gold 64G iPhone 6 like there was with the 5s???? I couldn't get my current iPhone until....like...DECEMBER....

I REALLY hope that Apple has anticipated the demand for the gold devices!!!!

There is going to be, no doubt about it simply for the fact apple doesn't ramp up production until so close to launch. This is always the case with apple. If they would ramp up production 1-2 months earlier than they currently do, they would be fine for the most part. Not to mention the higher GB versions always seem to be manufactured less since not as many users buy those higher versions.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Most likely grey, maybe white if all others are sold out. I currently have the space grey model, had a white before that.

So you're going from 5S to a 6? What's leading you to upgrade? Is it really that worth it to ya?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So you're going from 5S to a 6? What's leading you to upgrade? Is it really that worth it to ya?

Larger screen. 5s is tiny, and I have large hands. I upgrade every year anyway. Sell old phone and upgrade is like getting upgrade price without the contract.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Larger screen. 5s is tiny, and I have large hands. I upgrade every year anyway. Sell old phone and upgrade is like getting upgrade price without the contract.

Interesting. You'd get it even if it didn't have a bigger screen?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Battery could be better, but yes pretty content with it. Plus the A7 chip still hasn't been pushed by the OS so still buttery smooth

I see.

Well good luck with your new device. (whenever you get it :))

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everyone else...it'll be crazy & there will be availability issues as usual. I lucked up & got a gold 5S on launch but I think it was because I got the 64GB. Hopefully, I'll have the same luck this year & I can get the color I want.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't have a larger screen no. It needs to have a larger screen.

This is about where I am now in the process. 5S is working well overall. I'll likely continue to carry around my Note 3 tethered to the 5S for when I need a bigger screen.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This is about where I am now in the process. 5S is working well overall. I'll likely continue to carry around my Note 3 tethered to the 5S for when I need a bigger screen.

Yeah I would consider getting rid of my tablet with a larger screened iPhone. That way won't need to carry two devices around.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77