First iPhone? Which one did you get and what device did you have prior?

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had way too many to remember exact models and order... but here goes:

2000 - Nokia 5110 - Pac Bell
2001 - Some Motorola flip phone - Sprint
2001 - Nokia 8210 - Cingular
2002 - Nokia 3310 - Cingular/AT&T?
2002 - Withus WCE-100 - SureWest
2003 - Some random feature phone - TracFone
2004 - Some Nokia - MetroPCS
2004 - Kyocera something - MetroPCS
2005 - Moto RAZR V3t - T-Mobile
2006 - Samsung Trace - T-Mobile
2006 - BlackBerry Pearl - T-Mobile

2007 - iPhone 2G - AT&T
2008 - Moto Q9h Global - AT&T
2009 - BlackBerry Storm - Verizon
2009 - BlackBerry Bold - AT&T

2009 - iPhone 3G - AT&T
2010 - iPhone 4 - AT&T

2013 - Nexus 4 - StraightTalk (T-Mo)
2013 - back to iPhone 4 - StraightTalk (T-Mo)
2013 - then iPhone 4 - back on AT&T
2013 - and now iPhone 5S - AT&T

I know there was also a Palm Treo somewhere in there... I think a Treo 600 or 650. It still had an external antenna. But I can't even begin to nail down when I had it. I've spent more money on early termination fees than on actual hardware. lol

That is quite a list. I'll make one, too.

2006 - Some LG phone (can't remember the name of it)
2008 - LG EnV (much better than my crappy first phone)
2010 - iPhone 3GS
2010 - iPhone 4 (black)
2011 - iPhone 4 (white)
2013 - iPhone 5
2013 - iPhone 5S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
well i am now using the iphone 5 which i love.. not gonna jump to the 5s still think this phone does me good and i had a iphone 4 before the 5.. and before that had blackberrys the latest one was blackberry 9900 which i loved but then the lack of apps made me come to iphones... blackberry not bad phones just not for me at the moment

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I had a BlackBerry Storm and switched to the iPhone 4 as soon as Verizon got it. Couldn't be happier with the transition. Apple all the way for me.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my first cell phone in the early 90's....don't remember them all but just a few I had were Nokia, Samsung, Lg chocolate, pink Motorola Razr, EnV2, bb curve 8330,bb Storm 2, bb curve 8530, bb bold 9650, iPhone 4S and now I have the pink 5C !!

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had every iphone except the 3GS. Prior to that I'd had a a few sanyo's I tried a Motorola q (short lived) a sidekick (also short lived) and some others. Of all those pre iPhones I think my fav was probably a Nokia with that snake game. I would usually upgrade every year. I've also like phones that came in colors or had changeable faceplates. I remember wanting this particular Motorola phone, I don't know what it was called the display was circular and the faceplate swiveled and it had a blue backlight. I think it was around the time of the razr. I'm really a sucker for looks.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had every iphone except the 3GS. Prior to that I'd had a a few sanyo's I tried a Motorola q (short lived) a sidekick (also short lived) and some others. Of all those pre iPhones I think my fav was probably a Nokia with that snake game. I would usually upgrade every year. I've also like phones that came in colors or had changeable faceplates. I remember wanting this particular Motorola phone, I don't know what it was called the display was circular and the faceplate swiveled and it had a blue backlight. I think it was around the time of the razr. I'm really a sucker for looks.

Motorla V70... Came out in early 2000's

Motorola_V70.jpg

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I love talking tech and have had a history of switching devices multiple times a year. I am currently in love with my iPhone 5s, although still see visions of the Blackberry Z30 tempting me to give that OS another play. Which iPhone do you have? What phone did you have prior? Any tech junkies, how often do you switch devices each year? Last year I went through 6 devices.

My first phone was a Qualcomm candy bar phone.
Then I got a flip Qualcomm. 1998
Then I got a flip Motorola 2000
Then i90 nextel 2003
I530 nextel 2004
Blackberry 9700 2007
iPhone 4S 2012
iPhone 5 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jarofclay73

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Stood in line on iDay 1 for iPhone 3G 16GB white and iPhone 4 32GB black. I currently have an iPhone 5 64GB slate, which I mail-ordered and received on iDay 1.

Before that I've only had flip dumbphones.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I had Nokia, boss forced us bbry then Samsung for job but my personal phone is my new iphone5s , got it yesterday i lov? it so much ,its so fast as ferrari . Will not switch to other ,my friend is crazy about siri ,asking her some crazy stuff

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
The draw that keeps taking me to android devices certainly is not android as an operating system. I much prefere ios and its app store too. I am in the camp that longs for a larger screen.
^^^^^^^^^^^
This!
To answer your question I've had every model of iPhone and it has been my "phone" since 2007. I recently tried a Nexus 4 & Galaxy S4, and quickly got those out of my system. In the past I've had a fleet of phones that I do not have the time, or the desire to document ...

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I started with an old Motorola StarTac in about 2001, then had some V series flip phone from Motorola, then a bar style basic phone from Motorola on Verizon, that was a prepaid. After that I had a few of those old slider texting phones, I also remember having a Sanyo M1 with a (whopping) 1GB of internal storage, and then I went through my Sidekick and Blackberry phase (I'm sure we're all guilty of that one) and finally I got an iPhone 3G in 2008'ish, and while I've tried a few Androids since (and one Windows phone by Samsung) I have always come back to iOS. I've had every iPhone since that 3G and now I'm on the 5s in gold. The end!

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
My list goes
- Motorola ( the original cell phone where just the bottom part flips down )
- Motorola Rzr ( the flip phone style )
- Blackberry Curve
- Blackberry Bold
- Blackberry Torch
- iPhone original
- iPhone 3gs
- iPhone 4 (x2)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5 (x3)

Current: purchased two iphone 5s's one space grey and one gold. I am a phone addict also when I seen the gold color after I purchased the space grey I had to buy it so I now have two and cant decide which one im selling lol.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My first iPhone was (and still is) the iPhone 4S. It was the first available my carrier and I jumped on it the first chance I had. I hadn't even always wanted one - I just wanted to see if it was as good as everyone always told me. It was.

The phone it replaced was the Nexus S 4G. Now, I loved my Nexus. Every time I used it I had a genuine sense of wonder at what it could do. I still remember the first time I made a PDF out of a picture I took. That blew my mind at the time. For the time it was also fast, portable, and had a good screen. But this wasn't Android 4.0 - at the time the Nexus S 4G was rocking 2.2 and 2.3, respectively. I don't care what you say: Android just wasn't the best then - just the best option at the time. Listen to some Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers podcasts and if they mention it they'll shutter when comparing it to Jelly Bean today. Comparing the two systems then was pretty black and white - these days it is a heck of a lot harder and iOS loses a lot of the time.

But back then when I switched? Glass of water in hell.

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My first 'smartphone' was a Palm Centro - Amazing!!
I then upgraded to the original Galaxy S Epic - with the slide out keyboard.
I have a iPhone 4S Black - I added a white backplate to it, so it is a hybrid.
I will get my new Gold 5S today!

I hope that I won't be missing my 4S. It has been the best!

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Omg that's it...it was expensive and I wanted it sooo bad. Also I was obsessed with blue backlights.

Sent from my GOLD iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I know exactly what you mean... I was obsessed with the Siemens S40 back in the day, just because it was blue backlit. Everyone at the time had Nokia bar phones with the off-white display... the Siemens looked so amazing by comparison.

View attachment 41416View attachment 41418

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I know exactly what you mean... I was obsessed with the Siemens S40 back in the day, just because it was blue backlit. Everyone at the time had Nokia bar phones with the off-white display... the Siemens looked so amazing by comparison.

View attachment 41416View attachment 41418

Before I had found this thread I was trying to figure out which phone it was earlier this week and all I could find was this

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1383279345.019091.jpg

Sent from my GOLD iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The first iPhone I've owned was the 3GS. Before that it was the HD7. I've only owned two iPhone's total (5 and 3GS)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2