When I tap the Game Center icon I get a white screen, after updating to iOS 9.3?

I

iMore Question

When I tap the Game Center icon I get a white screen, after updating to iOS 9.3

In settings, I tap the Game Center icon and it locks the settings app.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: When I tap the Game Center icon I get a white screen, after updating to iOS 9.3

Welcome to iMore! No problem here. What happens when you try to access Game Center using the app shortcut on your homescreen?

Quyd

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: When I tap the Game Center icon I get a white screen, after updating to iOS 9.3

I get a white screen, no connection from the home page, this is a iOS 9.3 issue

AronGoldstein

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

I have a solution that has worked! It does require a restore but its worth it!

I had this issue and i contacted Apple support, and they told me that i had to back up my iDevice, then you erase all contents and settings, BUT instead of restoring backup right after, you should instead set up device as new, and sign in to gamecentre. Then after signing in to gamecentre and making sure its working, you can then restore your backup. Voila, gamecentre works like a charm after restoring your backup.

In a nutshell; You can 1) Back up your iDevice 2) erase all content and settings 3) setup as new 4) sign into gamecenter and make sure it works 5) restore from backup and test out.

The way it works, he told me is when we are setting up as new the apple id tries to make a fresh connection with gamecenter. Once that fresh connection is established then gamecenter is reading that apple id over again. Which is why we want to do it as new device first. Then when we restore from backup gamecenter still remembers the last connection.You can then restore your backup and the device reads the good link that you previously had with the apple id. Worked for me and i hope this helps.

AronGoldstein

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

I had this issue and i contacted Apple support, and they told me that i had to back up my iDevice, then you erase all contents and settings, BUT instead of restoring backup right after, you should instead set up device as new, and sign in to gamecentre. Then after signing in to gamecentre and making sure its working, you can then restore your backup. Voila, gamecentre works like a charm after restoring your backup.

In a nutshell; You can 1) Back up your iDevice 2) erase all content and settings 3) setup as new 4) sign into gamecenter and make sure it works 5) restore from backup and test out.

The way it works, he told me is when we are setting up as new the apple id tries to make a fresh connection with gamecenter. Once that fresh connection is established then gamecenter is reading that apple id over again. Which is why we want to do it as new device first. Then when we restore from backup gamecenter still remembers the last connection.You can then restore your backup and the device reads the good link that you previously had with the apple id. Worked for me and i hope this helps

AronGoldstein

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

The way it works, he told me is when we are setting up as new the apple id tries to make a fresh connection with gamecenter. Once that fresh connection is established then gamecenter is reading that apple id over again. Which is why we want to do it as new device first. Then when we restore from backup gamecenter still remembers the last connection.You can then restore your backup and the device reads the good link that you previously had with the apple id Worked for me and i hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2