Extend Apple AirPort WiFi signal?

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I have an Apple Airport I use for for household WiFi. I have started to run into issues with my son using his Xbox a ways away from the router.
Does anyone have any experience with using a range extender with one of these and do they work well? I'm looking into getting one and I don't think Apple makes one so was looking at other brands.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never needed to use one, but a friend of mine uses one, and it works quite well. I will have to give him a call to find out exactly the make and model it is, and get back to you.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
After reading into this a little further I think I'm going to upgrade to a new Airport Extreme that has better range. I don't think a range extender is the way to go.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to get a second airport and set it up to extend your network.

I have an Apple TimeCapsule (Time Machine backup disk and wifi router in a single box) and an Airport Express. The Time Capsule is in the office on one end of the house. The Airport Express is set up in the family room, about half way across the house from the Time Capsule... works perfectly extending my network - I have good coverage in my whole house and patio area.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea I think I'm just going to upgrade to an Apple extreme AC version. It should be a nice upgrade from the airport extreme N that I have now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2