TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I was wondering if your LTE or LTE-A speeds varied a lot or were quite stable, at full signal.

And if you go somewhere else, like another town or province?

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
telus lte has always been great for me all over Greater Toronto area. been good in the few other canadian cities i've been to as well, montreal ottawa niagara falls.

recently lte speeds have been ridiculous good around Toronto Greater Area. heres a screenshot of some speeds around toronto recently:

https://imgur.com/a/Wx1K8

generally speaking canada has pretty dam good speeds throughout the country. since we have such a small population and ten to be concentrated in just a few cities it's easy to support. unlike in america where the population is massive and spread all across the country.

i don't know how to tell if i am on LTE or LTE-A. it doesn't show on the phone. i guess you'd have to know if there's LTE-A on the tower you're connected to ?

over the years i've realized full signal means very little. bars don't tell you anything other than your distance to the tower. there's way more things that affect your speed like the tower itself and it's capacity or how many people are using the tower. i've have just one or 2 bars and gotten amazing speeds and the opposite too. i don't bother paying attention to bars anymore.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
telus lte has always been great for me all over Greater Toronto area. been good in the few other canadian cities i've been to as well, montreal ottawa niagara falls.

recently lte speeds have been ridiculous good around Toronto Greater Area. heres a screenshot of some speeds around toronto recently:

https://imgur.com/a/Wx1K8

generally speaking canada has pretty dam good speeds throughout the country. since we have such a small population and ten to be concentrated in just a few cities it's easy to support. unlike in america where the population is massive and spread all across the country.

i don't know how to tell if i am on LTE or LTE-A. it doesn't show on the phone. i guess you'd have to know if there's LTE-A on the tower you're connected to ?

over the years i've realized full signal means very little. bars don't tell you anything other than your distance to the tower. there's way more things that affect your speed like the tower itself and it's capacity or how many people are using the tower. i've have just one or 2 bars and gotten amazing speeds and the opposite too. i don't bother paying attention to bars anymore.

In iOS, you have to go into Field Test Mode, then CA Status (Carrier-Aggregation Status) to know that. It’s not displayed as “LTE+” like on Android.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77