AT&T 3G data down?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
This has been driving me crazy for over an hour now. I get no data to load over 3G at all. I just talked to a friend in Philly, I'm north of DC. He says he also has no 3G data even though both our phones say they have full signal on 3G. A thread just popped up on Apple's forums of lots of people saying they are not getting any 3G data to load. I also talked to another friend who has a company issued Samsung Jack, his 3G data is working fine, he lives 2 miles from me. My friend in Philly and I both have iPhone 4's. Any 3G or 3GS users getting data to load over 3G?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Nope, restored as new. Not/never jailbroken. Can call, text, mms, facetime fine. EDGE also works. Only 3G data is not working. My bro just got home and his 3GS is working fine. There is now a thread on Apple's forum with reports of the same thing, iPhone 4's with no 3G data.

jerseymacman

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I am in the Northern VA area and I am having the same issue with my Iphone 4. I wemt to settings and turned of 3g then turned it back on and it starting working again. Then it went out again, and I had to reset 3g again. There must be something wrong with AT&T's network in this area.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I believe I'm having some issues myself. First time
I've ever seen my iPhone fluctuate, but my 9700
BlackBerry is doing the same, going from 3G to EDGE.

I'm already at 67% and it's only 2:30pm EST. I've
had the i4 off the charge since 12:15am EST with
only 2 1/2 hours of usage.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ive been having data issues on 3G off and on since Ive had it will full bars of 3G. My wifes 3GS has been perfect. Ive restored as new, reset network setting and had Att reprovision my data plan last night. So far today has been better but time will tell

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
About an hour ago data started working again over 3G. I tried to call AT&T but their lines were very busy and I didn't feel like waiting. At first it was working but about dial up speeds. Right now it's working but at about 700kbps download and the upload is normal at about 800kbps. On my 3G I used to average around 1300/800. Still says I have full signal.

Just got to work and 2 guys also with iPhone 4's also said they were not getting any 3G data or it was very slow all day. People with 3G/3GS said they had no problems.

78RN

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I got our iphone 4s two days ago and the 3g data has been very sketchy. When it does work I get data speeds double what i would get withmy 3G iphone.... That's when it is actually working. When the 3G stops working I switch to WIFI (when available) and it works great, all apps run great.

I am in NJ...

Anyone kow of a fix?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77