Getting my first iphone, ordering question.

Roc901

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning to buy the iphone from the At&t website, so I'll go through with the ordering process, and I'll put my info in and they process my order. First, will they send me the phone? Second, if they tell me I cant get the service because my credit score is too low will they automatically charge me the deposit value. Third, what do I do when I get the phone and can't activate it? Will their be any use for it?

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
1st: Yes
2nd: Online should show you any deposit info, also you can call AT&T and ask on the phone
3rd: you can return it
3rd 1/2: currently there is not a good unlock jailbreak solution so there is no use for it yet, and if you keep it without setting up a account they will charge you full price for it on your credit card

Roc901

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot!, that was a great bit of info you gave there, I kinda had a feeling that they wouldn't have approved my service activation any how, but I was still gonna try. I'd rather not take the risk of getting charged full price.

Roc901

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Another question if none of you guys mind. What if I were to go to the At&t store and buy the iphone flat out with no contract and pay full price for the phone, how will I activate it then you know... their has to be a way because they do allow customers to purchase it as is. I did hear that if you buy it as is then it still requires a iphone plan is that true or false, but then that would defect the whole no contract thing right?

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
yes the iPhone requires an iPhone plan, you can buy the phone contract free, but the phone is locked to AT&T... The only reason for doing this is let's say you were planning on moving out of the country or something in a year b4 your 2 year contract ended...
The deposit is not for the phone it is for the service, AT&T does not have a pay as you go plan anymore... They are not that strict on credit call and ask... or goto Best Buy or goto Apple - iPhone - Buy iPhone 3G that process should tell you the credit

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Roc901,

Can you wait until June or July for the 4th generation iPhone? If you can, you should. Better to have the newest one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2