I'm planning to buy the iphone from the At&t website, so I'll go through with the ordering process, and I'll put my info in and they process my order. First, will they send me the phone? Second, if they tell me I cant get the service because my credit score is too low will they automatically charge me the deposit value. Third, what do I do when I get the phone and can't activate it? Will their be any use for it?
    02-10-2010 02:33 AM
    1st: Yes
    2nd: Online should show you any deposit info, also you can call AT&T and ask on the phone
    3rd: you can return it
    3rd 1/2: currently there is not a good unlock jailbreak solution so there is no use for it yet, and if you keep it without setting up a account they will charge you full price for it on your credit card
    02-10-2010 02:39 AM
    Thanks a lot!, that was a great bit of info you gave there, I kinda had a feeling that they wouldn't have approved my service activation any how, but I was still gonna try. I'd rather not take the risk of getting charged full price.
    02-10-2010 02:51 AM
    Another question if none of you guys mind. What if I were to go to the At&t store and buy the iphone flat out with no contract and pay full price for the phone, how will I activate it then you know... their has to be a way because they do allow customers to purchase it as is. I did hear that if you buy it as is then it still requires a iphone plan is that true or false, but then that would defect the whole no contract thing right?
    02-10-2010 02:59 AM
    yes the iPhone requires an iPhone plan, you can buy the phone contract free, but the phone is locked to AT&T... The only reason for doing this is let's say you were planning on moving out of the country or something in a year b4 your 2 year contract ended...
    The deposit is not for the phone it is for the service, AT&T does not have a pay as you go plan anymore... They are not that strict on credit call and ask... or goto Best Buy or goto Apple - iPhone - Buy iPhone 3G that process should tell you the credit
    02-10-2010 03:09 AM
    Thanks again Bro.
    02-10-2010 03:13 AM
    Roc901,

Can you wait until June or July for the 4th generation iPhone? If you can, you should. Better to have the newest one.
    02-23-2010 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD