What happened to AT&T lowering the Price of our IPhone data plan.

eckodream

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this has been covered but I thought I read a few articles before the release of the 3GS that AT&T was going to lower the cost of the IPhone data plan. I think they should lower it down to $20 a month, then I wouldnt mind paying the extra $10 a month for the AT&T Navigator. Honestly though I think the only time they will drop the price (if they ever do) is when their exclusivity period is up and the iPhone is available on other carriers.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Not sure where you heard that, but it used to be $20 for EDGE but has been $30 since 3G. I have a feeling all their data plans are going to move form $20 to $30 if there are any $20 ones left.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
There was rumor of them offering a cheaper plan, but not necessarily lowering the cost of the existing data plan.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
The Rumor came about with the 3GS rumors , its like the 2G Iphoned where you can run them on the $20 unlimited plan . So every on speculated the AT&T would let the 3G phones drop down , but AT&T is in buisness for one reason , make money .

Heres a link from cnet way back in May .

http://news.cnet.com/report-at&t-to-cut-iphone-service-plan-by-$10/

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if this has been covered but I thought I read a few articles before the release of the 3GS that AT&T was going to lower the cost of the IPhone data plan. I think they should lower it down to $20 a month, then I wouldnt mind paying the extra $10 a month for the AT&T Navigator. Honestly though I think the only time they will drop the price (if they ever do) is when their exclusivity period is up and the iPhone is available on other carriers.

They make next to nothing on Iphone sells and nearly everything on data plans. Prices will not lower now or in the near future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77