Ridwaan

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
Hello guys and girls, I am a new Iphone owner, and a new member to this forum, and need to know how to set my Iphone up to recieve mms's. I even got "get mms" but cannot recieve mms's

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
first off, welcome to the family!

unless you jailbreak your iPhone, you cannot send/receive MMS yet. AT&T has not enabled that feature and doesn't plan to until 'late summer'. if someone sends you an MMS, you will get a link, username & password. you'll have to view the photo in the browser. a pain, yes. if you want to send a photo, you'll have to email it.

Ridwaan

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks for your speedy reply. I am in the southern hemisphere, its winter here, which means its summer in the north, which also means that your summer is starting to cll down now-then its not long to wait for the anticipated mms facility become available

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This also means you are not on AT&T, and should thus have MMS on your phone. Try contacting your carrier.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
As Alli said, it's all up to your carrier to support MMS. Contact them, you may have to change some settings in the phone or they may push a carrier update to you.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There are just so many Americans on the forums, you tend to overlook the rest of the world. (There are a lot of carriers legally offering the iPhone!)

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm with O2 here in the UK and there was no set-up required. Once you activate your iPhone-specific tariff you automatically receive a picture message saying you're up and running to send & recieve.
Not sure how it'll work for you though...

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
<stoopid> yeah, sorry. see? that's what i get for 'assuming' that the OP was with AT&T. </stoopid>

my bad. hope you can get it cleared up soon, Ridwaan!

Well the fact that the OP was saying they didn't have MMS would have made me assume it was a new iPhone owner in the US as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2