Iphone, Tmobile, my favs, Google Voice

Oopbuddha

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I am getting set up with an unlocked iphone on tmobile with my favs. I am also signed up for Google voice. What I want to know is anybody's ideas on how I can get google voice to work for me as one of my favs and therefore give me free minutes. I hope it will work with both incoming and outgoing calls alike. any suggestions are appreciated and if anyone has already tried this let me know what you found out. And I already know that the Itunes appstore does not carry any GV apps, but there are some jailbroken apps out there for GV. I welcome all suggestions on those apps that are available. Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You absolutely can set your GV number as a fav. (I have several friends who have been doing this for a year or so.) I realized with the combination of T-Mo and GV, I might never have any use for voice minutes, but T-Mo doesn't have any 3G cov'g here on the gulf, so I went with AT&T...who doesn't offer favs. :(

mm007

May 6, 2009
Visit site
The phone has to be myfavs compatable. Ofcourse most T-Mobile phones are, also, the myfavs only works if you use the interface for it. i.e. If you use the internets to connect to Google Voice (so you dont have to enter the phone number manually) it will NOT count as a myfavs number. I have Google Voice as a myfavs number and only use it when calling someone (usually bussiness) that would require I put a number in anyway. I did some research on this myself when I switched to T-Mobile a couple of weeks ago. Now I just have to get the new iPhone to jailbreak, I dont know if it is possible to get around this with a jailbroken iPhone, haven't done the research yet. Hope this helps.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Buahahaha - I now have my Google Voice number as a VIP (A-list) number on AT&T on my iPhone. Woot!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77