Activation Fee

ralvin

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I was annoyed to find out that AT&T charged me a $36 activation fee for activating the iPhone. I don't think there is anything I can do about it. It is kind of annoying, on top of the $300 + tax for the 3GS.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
This is common practice for most cell carriers when you activate a new line.

The annoying thing is they charge this even when you have been a customer for 10 years and just get a new phone. It's to cover the cost of setting up your new phone or something. It's just BS to pad their losses on the subsidized cost of the phone. I just factor it into the price of the phone when buying.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Activation fees are extremely obnoxious.

Like Justin said, it's just a way to help recover costs for subsidizing the phone and for all the administrative costs of setting up a new account (the eventual customer service calls and SIM cards being jsut a few of these)

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
The annoying thing is they charge this even when you have been a customer for 10 years and just get a new phone. It's to cover the cost of setting up your new phone or something. It's just BS to pad their losses on the subsidized cost of the phone. I just factor it into the price of the phone when buying.

Agree 100% with this.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2