Unable to connect to WEP2 Enterprise wifi (Certificate issue)

JustWatching

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using iOS 7 on my 5th gen iPod Touch since yesterday, and it's been just fine. It has connected to my home wifi network, and my wifi hotspot. One issue I'm running into is that I can't click the accept button for my school's wifi network, and I'm therefore unable to connect to the wifi network. This certificate message has always come up, even on iOS 6, but the accept button has never given me any issues until now. Any ideas?

1o7us5.jpg

Clicking the accept button does nothing!

P.S. Here's the school's wifi instructions, specifically showing that same certificate issue and telling students to accept it: Information Technology Services

Jason Sarris

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Found this on another forum . It worked for me too:

"I got round this problem by using the iPhone Configuration Utility and creating a profile with the security certificate inside it and uploading it to my phone."

agprum

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
"I got round this problem by using the iPhone Configuration Utility and creating a profile with the security certificate inside it and uploading it to my phone." <== it works. more details:

- Download iPhone Configuration Utility
- New configuration profile
- General > Set meaningful name, Identifier- use format as described
- Credentials. add all credentials, intermediate and certificates (I have a total of 4, two intermediates and two certificates) Export the certs from where ever they reside on your system, on Mac they are on the key chain, then just copy them over to the desktop for easy find
- Wi-Fi> Set SSID (match the real one case sensitive), Security Type (match the one from the office)
Protocol>I have PEAP seelcted
Authentication> In mine was my username and password for the domain
Trust> Trusted Certificates: Check all the certificates that are going to be used to associate with the Enterprise Wi-Fi
Trusted Server Certificate Names: (from which authentication server are they coming from) I used *.yourcompany.com

Hope this helps a little bit.

JustWatching

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use the iPhone config utility, but the process is too convoluted, and I don't want to set a policy in the OS. What I ended up doing is just tethering to my HTC One, which I carry with me anyways, via Bluetooth. I'm sure they'll have the issue resolved by the next OS update, and that can't be later than the end of July.

greystealth

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Here's a workaround I found that allows me to connect with iOS7.

Note: It's a lot of work. You may only want to do this if connecting to your specific wifi network is a deal breaker

*Downgrade to 6.1.4
*Connect to the network that you're having issues with
*Backup iPhone to itunes
*Upgrade to iOS7
*Restore from the same backup
*Device should automatically connect to the network and accept cert

Worked for me!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member