Apple Id after updating

May 21, 2020
Visit site
Hello.

My iPhone 7 is on iOS 14.2 and I'm going to update it to 14.6 from Software Update in Settings.

I want to know if the device will ask for Apple ID security questions after booting from an update.

Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I assume you’ll be updating OTA (over the air). If so, I do I recall it asking for that information.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello.

My iPhone 7 is on iOS 14.2 and I'm going to update it to 14.6 from Software Update in Settings.

I want to know if the device will ask for Apple ID security questions after booting from an update.

Thanks.

It probably won’t ask for that on first boot after update, but it may ask for it in the App Store or iCloud. But as long as you’re the rightful owner with answers to the security questions, there shouldn’t be any issues.

May 21, 2020
Visit site
It probably won’t ask for that on first boot after update, but it may ask for it in the App Store or iCloud. But as long as you’re the rightful owner with answers to the security questions, there shouldn’t be any issues.

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, I'm the rightful owner without answers to the security questions :( :(

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
You can turn on two-factor authentication and then you won’t need to remember the security questions. You will need a second device to receive the code.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm only asked my Passcode when I update. The Passcode I use to open my iPhone. Don't recall it asking anything else. It does ask if I want to use 2 Factor. But don't.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, I'm the rightful owner without answers to the security questions :( :(

It may not ask anything other than Passcode. But at some point you will need to know your Apple ID and possibly security questions. Did you set up security questions, and forgot them, or what?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
It may not ask anything other than Passcode. But at some point you will need to know your Apple ID and possibly security questions. Did you set up security questions, and forgot them, or what?

How could you go wrong ? unless of course you were a little too clever !