Is there a way to change gestures?

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi. So I recently got my iPhone 12 and I'm finding it a little annoying to navigate. Is there a way to change the gesture to go backwards to the right of the screen instead of the left? I'm right handed and used to going back to the previous page or menu by just swiping from the right edge to the left. It seems my phone is set to swipe from the left edge to the right. It's annoying to have to reach all the way to the left. Wouldn't it make more sense to have that action on the right? Or ideally both edges like on my previous phone. Thank you.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don’t believe this gesture is able to be changed, but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. I’m also right handed, but I think the gesture makes sense. If you’re in a browser or something, the back button is typically the one on the left…I think this was setup in the same manner. I’ve been using these gestures since the X was released, so maybe I’m just accustomed to them. Hopefully, they’ll become easier & more comfortable for you as you keep using your 12. Congrats on your device & Enjoy!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You'll get used to it. It's like me recently going to Face ID on the iPhone 12 Pro Max, from the home button on the iPhone 6s Plus. I got used to it. And now, when I use my 6s Plus, I find myself trying to swipe up for Face ID. I rarely use my 6s Plus, but do occasionally for something specific.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You'll get used to it. It's like me recently going to Face ID on the iPhone 12 Pro Max, from the home button on the iPhone 6s Plus. I got used to it. And now, when I use my 6s Plus, I find myself trying to swipe up for Face ID. I rarely use my 6s Plus, but do occasionally for something specific.

This is exactly my experience! I still use an iPad Air 2 that has the home button. So going between my iPhone 12 Pro and my iPad Air 2 is very confusing at times!

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i never realized how much more work and steps you guys have to do on ios compared to what i was used to :(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i never realized how much more work and steps you guys have to do on ios compared to what i was used to :(

It's just different. The iPhone is not an Android. I don't see it as difficult or more work. You'll get used to it. I was totally lost on my wife's Android. She has an iPhone now, and loves it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77