How do I stop iPhone from scanning and categorizing my photos for the "For You" section?

robertjru

Feb 17, 2021
Visit site
iPhone SE 2020 in particular.

Quite peculiar that it's so difficult/impossible to do, and yet they are trying to show they care about your privacy....

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I stop iPhone from scanning and categorizing my photos for the "For You" section?

What has this anything got to do with Privacy?
It stays on your device at all times, unless you have enabled iCloud Photo Library.
Then it stays on your iCloud, which nobody but you can access.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I stop iPhone from scanning and categorizing my photos for the "For You" section?

That's not anything to be concerned about. Apple and their employees don't care about your photos. I give 38 apps permission to access my photos. Not worried about it. Here's what a former Apple Genius said:

"Any data that is stored in iCloud is encrypted, but Apple holds the encryption keys and thus can decrypt all iCloud content (including iOS backups) at will. In fact, this has been done in several high profile cases. In the San Bernadino shooter case, the FBI made the mistake of changing the iCloud password associated to the shooter’s device, which had the effect of preventing future device backups from occurring. Had that not happened, the phone could have been backed up to iCloud and Apple would have been able to decrypt and share the backup with the FBI."