Brightness issues since ios 14.1??

I

iMore Question

I recently updated my iphone 11 pro max to ios 14.1 and since the update iam having issues with my brightness. Cant't be 100% sure its a software issue but it hasnt been dropped or damaged and just randomly happens since the update so iam guessing its software related?

Usually if i was to toggle the brightness all the way down it obviously dims but now iam finding that i will randomly look at my phone and see the display is really dim and if i check the bar it might be at 15/20% and if i turn it down to zero the screen is barely visible (which makes sense) but it was never this dim before.

There is certainly a change in how the brightness is functioning and its not consistent because if i power the phone off and back on again then everything reverts back to normal but then at some points hours later i take my phone out and its really really dim again. Turning the brightness up helps but its way dimmer when turned down low then it used to be and only reverts to the brightness iam used to after a restart.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t noticed anything strange or different with the brightness feature on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Currently, I’m running the latest dev beta of 14.2, but even when I was running 14.1, I didn’t have any issues with it. Hopefully, those who have will respond soon.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I recently updated my iphone 11 pro max to ios 14.1 and since the update iam having issues with my brightness. Cant't be 100% sure its a software issue but it hasnt been dropped or damaged and just randomly happens since the update so iam guessing its software related?

Usually if i was to toggle the brightness all the way down it obviously dims but now iam finding that i will randomly look at my phone and see the display is really dim and if i check the bar it might be at 15/20% and if i turn it down to zero the screen is barely visible (which makes sense) but it was never this dim before.

There is certainly a change in how the brightness is functioning and its not consistent because if i power the phone off and back on again then everything reverts back to normal but then at some points hours later i take my phone out and its really really dim again. Turning the brightness up helps but its way dimmer when turned down low then it used to be and only reverts to the brightness iam used to after a restart.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Hello and welcome to iMore. In order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2