Iphone Speakerphone button options VERY ANNOYING

I

iMore Question

So sometime last year, when I am in my home wifi network, and I am on a phone call, if I click the speakerphone button, instead of going to speakerphone it give me a list of choices. It has my 4 Apple TVs, my Mac, and others too. VERY ANNOYING, and not useful. I just want to be able to click it and go to speakerphone.
I found a long thread on apple's website which many people were complaining about this, and there apparently is no solution other than to turn off wifi.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm signed in now. I thought I was when I posted it. Here is what I see when I click the speaker button when I am in my home network:
IMG_4676F28D46DD-1.jpeg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So sometime last year, when I am in my home wifi network, and I am on a phone call, if I click the speakerphone button, instead of going to speakerphone it give me a list of choices. It has my 4 Apple TVs, my Mac, and others too. VERY ANNOYING, and not useful. I just want to be able to click it and go to speakerphone.
I found a long thread on apple's website which many people were complaining about this, and there apparently is no solution other than to turn off wifi.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

What you are experiencing happens when more than your iPhone is connected to the same network, whether Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and whether you’re using wireless headphones or connected to your car’s Bluetooth infotainment system.

With that being said, you will have to either not be on a network other than cellular or be on a network where your iPhone is the only connected device.

Last edited:

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I realize that, but WTF was apple thinking when they made this feature without a way to disable or select which devices show?! Now the simple task of slicing the speaker in order to go to speakerphone has to be a two step process.
Many people are complaining about this on their forums.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
As they say, this a a "feature" not a "bug". The feature allows you to choose from a variety of options to which to send your audio.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I realize that, but WTF was apple thinking when they made this feature without a way to disable or select which devices show?! Now the simple task of slicing the speaker in order to go to speakerphone has to be a two step process.
Many people are complaining about this on their forums.

The current trend is to be connected to everything in your home so It is intended to not only show you the available speakers you can connect to, but gives you the option to choose. That’s a good thing, in my opinion, but I can also see how it could be annoying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2