AirPods Pro deal at Amazon: Save $52 for a limited time!

So sometime last year, when I am in my home wifi network, and I am on a phone call, if I click the speakerphone button, instead of going to speakerphone it give me a list of choices. It has my 4 Apple TVs, my Mac, and others too. VERY ANNOYING, and not useful. I just want to be able to click it and go to speakerphone.
    I found a long thread on apple's website which many people were complaining about this, and there apparently is no solution other than to turn off wifi.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
    02-03-2020 03:21 PM
    I've never experienced this. However, hopefully someone will post how to deal with this. In the meantime, in order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!
    02-03-2020 03:23 PM
    I'm signed in now. I thought I was when I posted it. Here is what I see when I click the speaker button when I am in my home network:
    Iphone Speakerphone button options VERY ANNOYING-img_4676f28d46dd-1.jpeg
    02-03-2020 03:30 PM
    So sometime last year, when I am in my home wifi network, and I am on a phone call, if I click the speakerphone button, instead of going to speakerphone it give me a list of choices. It has my 4 Apple TVs, my Mac, and others too. VERY ANNOYING, and not useful. I just want to be able to click it and go to speakerphone.
    I found a long thread on apple's website which many people were complaining about this, and there apparently is no solution other than to turn off wifi.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
    What you are experiencing happens when more than your iPhone is connected to the same network, whether Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and whether you’re using wireless headphones or connected to your car’s Bluetooth infotainment system.

With that being said, you will have to either not be on a network other than cellular or be on a network where your iPhone is the only connected device.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 02-06-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    02-03-2020 06:52 PM
    I realize that, but WTF was apple thinking when they made this feature without a way to disable or select which devices show?! Now the simple task of slicing the speaker in order to go to speakerphone has to be a two step process.
    Many people are complaining about this on their forums.
    02-04-2020 03:40 PM
    As they say, this a a "feature" not a "bug". The feature allows you to choose from a variety of options to which to send your audio.
    Annie_M and scruffypig like this.
    02-04-2020 05:43 PM
    I wouldn't call it a bug. A bug is something that doesn't work as intended. It is a feature, but a BAD one.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-06-2020 02:08 PM
    I wouldn't call it a bug. A bug is something that doesn't work as intended. It is a feature, but a BAD one.
    In your opinion.

I actually like the feature.
    scruffypig likes this.
    02-06-2020 06:33 PM
    I realize that, but WTF was apple thinking when they made this feature without a way to disable or select which devices show?! Now the simple task of slicing the speaker in order to go to speakerphone has to be a two step process.
    Many people are complaining about this on their forums.
    The current trend is to be connected to everything in your home so It is intended to not only show you the available speakers you can connect to, but gives you the option to choose. That’s a good thing, in my opinion, but I can also see how it could be annoying.
    scruffypig likes this.
    02-06-2020 07:43 PM