Some say there is biu option in text messaging but others say it’s not an option. It’s not on mine iPhone 7 iOS 12. If you can find it, let me know.
    04-06-2019 09:29 PM
    Welcome to iMore! I no longer see that option on the black option bar in Messages. I never used it, so haven't noticed. You can leave Apple feedback.

https:// www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 04-07-2019 at 06:42 AM.
    04-06-2019 11:19 PM
    I don’t recall it ever being there in the Messages app, but I know it’s still there when composing a message in the native Mail app.
    04-07-2019 06:42 AM
    I don’t recall it ever being there in the Messages app, but I know it’s still there when composing a message in the native Mail app.
    It used to be there when you bring up the black option bar. You had to tap the little arrow at the far right to get it. That little arrow no longer shows. It was a B/U option.
    04-07-2019 09:58 AM
    I do not remember this function in Messages, it still exists in your e mail app
    04-08-2019 08:55 AM
    I have missed it as well... I will definitely submit feedback! I know there's a way to have a Bold subject line, which I use, but to be able to have total BIU capability would be great!
    04-08-2019 09:25 AM
    I have missed it as well... I will definitely submit feedback! I know there's a way to have a Bold subject line, which I use, but to be able to have total BIU capability would be great!
    Annie,please can you show us how to do bold text then ? I would like any way to emphasise a word or phrase in both Messages and iMore forums,italics would do !
    I imagine Tim Cook speaks like this, completely without emphasis,all the time.
    04-09-2019 11:08 AM
    Annie,please can you show us how to do bold text then ? I would like any way to emphasise a word or phrase in both Messages and iMore forums,italics would do !
    This is a test from TapaTalk.

Like this?
    Or like this?
    04-09-2019 11:16 AM
    I don't normally ask "why" when someone posts a question, but why would you want to send a text message with B I U options? If you need that depth of emphasis them maybe a text message isn't the best choice of communication.
    04-09-2019 11:19 AM
    This is a test from TapaTalk.

Like this?
    Or like this?
    Ah yes, I see the problem,I think ! how did you get the top line into italic ?
    04-09-2019 11:23 AM
    Ah yes, I see the problem,I think ! how did you get the top line into italic ?
    Just like [ I ] this [ / I ] without the spaces. I had to type the code in TapaTalk.
    04-09-2019 11:25 AM
    I don't normally ask "why" when someone posts a question, but why would you want to send a text message with B I U options? If you need that depth of emphasis them maybe a text message isn't the best choice of communication.
    Because I don’t really want to read as if I was an autistic word processor ! and part of normal communication,on paper or verbally ,is emphasis. And one doesn’t want to shout.
    04-09-2019 11:30 AM
    Because I don’t really want to read as if I was an autistic word processor ! and part of normal communication,on paper or verbally ,is emphasis. And one doesn’t want to shout.
    Then it sounds like you need to either send an email or make a phone call. I for one do not want to read a text message with all the emphasis you want to add. The purpose of text messaging is to quickly and conveniently exchange information between people. If you add emphasis to it, then you just took away both speed and convenience.
    04-09-2019 11:45 AM
    Sure. Go to settings>Messages>Show Subject Field, then toggle it on.

The subject line is typically bolder than the body of the message.
    04-09-2019 01:43 PM