How to change double tap to activate home screen

jackandme

Dec 17, 2018
Visit site
I have iPhone7 and would like to map double tap or single tap to activate home screen. For example when I double tap home button now it will activate reachibilty... I would like to make it to activate home screen. Is this possible to manage with settings. I hate to press home button to reach home screen, would be better to just touch or tap home button and achieve the same. Is this possible?

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have iPhone7 and would like to map double tap or single tap to activate home screen. For example when I double tap home button now it will activate reachibilty... I would like to make it to activate home screen. Is this possible to manage with settings. I hate to press home button to reach home screen, would be better to just touch or tap home button and achieve the same. Is this possible?

Welcome to iMore!

I don’t have access to an iPhone with a home button anymore &, honestly, can’t remember much about the customization. But I did a little research & it doesn’t seem as though the double click can be changed. Hopefully, someone with an iPhone 7 or 8 can chime in.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The short answer is no, you cannot customize the behavior of the home button like that. A single press goes to the home screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77