What do you use to read religious text while at religious functions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To those of you who attend religious functions, do you tend to use a book for reading religious text or do you use a device like a smartphone or tablet?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The Bible app on iPhone works great for reading scripture. But when singing, I'll hold a hymnal, even if I know the song by heart.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Bible app on iPhone works great for reading scripture. But when singing, I'll hold a hymnal, even if I know the song by heart.

I am finding that a good deal of people are using an iPad or other tablet device.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
To those of you who attend religious functions, do you tend to use a book for reading religious text or do you use a device like a smartphone or tablet?

I often use a Catholic Missal app. I became self conscious about it when my husband said he could see my iPhones’ screen reflected in my glasses when he was serving during Mass. Even though they have smart phones, many folks don't seem to use their devices during Mass so I don’t use the app as often. It sure is convenient though!

As for a hymnal, I still use the books located in the pews.

Last edited:

anon(10321802)

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I normally use the LDS Gospel Library app on my iPhone and iPad, although sometimes I try to cut back on screen time and will bring physical scriptures to church.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I use Bible app mostly (only) for searching or cross-referencing function, or when I am out and about and something pops up in my mind regarding the scripture. Reading things like Bible on a small screeen (even on iPad) is a chore to me. If there might be a convicing reason to read it on mobile device, I would like to know. There might be smarter ways to use these apps. The app itself is always in my mobile device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Bible app mostly (only) for searching or cross-referencing function, or when I am out and about and something pops up in my mind regarding the scripture. Reading things like Bible on a small screeen (even on iPad) is a chore to me. If there might be a convicing reason to read it on mobile device, I would like to know. There might be smarter ways to use these apps. The app itself is always in my mobile device.

I see it fine on my 6s Plus. You can view it in landscape and choose a larger font size.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I mainly use my bible (NASB) but will occasionally cross reference other versions from the Bible app on my phone. For me I find my phone to be more of a distraction with notifications dropping down on the screen while using the Bible app even though it's on DND.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2