Signal issues

45Shield

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a new iPhone 6s and my spouse has an SE, and I also have a Galaxy S9 Plus. I switch SIM cards between the 6s and the Galaxy, and I just don't understand an issue I'm having with signal. The Galaxy always has at least two to three bars of signal and both iPhones in the same location are showing no service. I don't understand this, are Apple antennas not as good?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Both of those iPhones are pretty old, and using older modems. They could have fewer bands of support, or support older slower technologies. FWIW, I've noticed that even my X has poorer signal than my S8+ had.

45Shield

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Both of those iPhones are pretty old, and using older modems. They could have fewer bands of support, or support older slower technologies. FWIW, I've noticed that even my X has poorer signal than my S8+ had.

My daughter has an 8 with the same issue. I think Apple just needs to step up their game for signal issues.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My daughter has an 8 with the same issue. I think Apple just needs to step up their game for signal issues.

I have an 8 without signal issues. See if your provider will send you replacement sims. If that fails to work, make an appointment at the Genius Bar so they can run diagnostics on the phones.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes unfortunately Apple doesn’t have the strongest radios. I can be side by side on the same network with someone with a say a Samsung and they will have a stronger signal. Most cell providers offer free or cheap signal boosters for homes if you need them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2