Please help!!! Screen recording!

Cassymheik

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Hello guys! Please help!

So back story to show the importance of this quest. My grandma has became very ill and I was able to FaceTime her tonight before they are taking her off life support.
I used the new feature where you can record your screen. Unfortunately I didn’t have the audio on. So It missed my whole last ever conversation with my grandma. I’m in desperate need to figure out if there is some way I can retrieve that audio.

This would mean the world to me if anyone could help

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Hello guys! Please help!

So back story to show the importance of this quest. My grandma has became very ill and I was able to FaceTime her tonight before they are taking her off life support.
I used the new feature where you can record your screen. Unfortunately I didn’t have the audio on. So It missed my whole last ever conversation with my grandma. I’m in desperate need to figure out if there is some way I can retrieve that audio.

This would mean the world to me if anyone could help

First off, very sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately there isnt a way to retrieve the audio. If the mic hasnt been set to “on” then the recording doesnt capture audio at all.

Wishing you and your family all the best in this time.

Cassymheik

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
TylerLV76 hey. So I turned the audio on. And had my friend FaceTime me. Just to test it out. And I made sure it said audio on. Even tested it out right before we FaceTimed and it worked. Although. It didn’t capture any sound when my friend and I were FaceTiming. But I had the audio on. Any ideas?
Thank you for your help and your kind words. It means a lot.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
TylerLV76 hey. So I turned the audio on. And had my friend FaceTime me. Just to test it out. And I made sure it said audio on. Even tested it out right before we FaceTimed and it worked. Although. It didn’t capture any sound when my friend and I were FaceTiming. But I had the audio on. Any ideas?
Thank you for your help and your kind words. It means a lot.

Ive never tried it with facetime so I cant say for sure that it doesnt work but in searching online Im finding alot of people saying it wont record audio in facetime.

This is the most definitive answer I could find on apples support page.

“The microphone is automatically disabled on the built-in screen recording when you are using any type of communication services like the Phone, FaceTime, or Skype. I assume this is due to wire-tapping laws around the world, but that's the way it's made. For now, you will just have to record the audio using another device and merry the audio and video together in a video editing program, if that's what you are looking for. Good luck to you!”

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2