Administrative password

I

iMore Question

Mom is 77 and keeps locking up her iPhone...her main connection to the world and kids. Is there a way, or an app, that will prevent her from entering any passwords, pass codes, or setting changes? The Apple updates come through and tell her to put in a passcode...end of story!

I’ve tried hiding the settings button, and adding my own code...no good.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, what iPhone is she using?
You can simply turn passcode off or set your own passcode (one that she does not know of).

Oh and please register via the forum :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mom is 77 and keeps locking up her iPhone...her main connection to the world and kids. Is there a way, or an app, that will prevent her from entering any passwords, pass codes, or setting changes? The Apple updates come through and tell her to put in a passcode...end of story!

I’ve tried hiding the settings button, and adding my own code...no good.

Your post is somewhat vague. You said that your mom keeps locking her iPhone. If she’s capable of using an iPhone then she’s capable of making sure it remains locked. The iPhone did not come passcode locked. Someone had to have set it up to be locked. You are not saying that she doesn’t want it locked. You’re not saying that she has forgotten the passcode. It's as if you don’t want her to lock it. If that’s the case, you need to talk to your mom about that. It is her phone, after all.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77