Contacts from gmail to icloud

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I am having an iPhone 8 and trying to move/copy contacts from gmail account to icloud. Because All of my contacts are in gmail account and I want them to be on icloud.
I dont see any option in phone/icloud to move them.
Is there a way to do it?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can save contacts as a vcard from Gmail and then import that vcard into your iCloud account. There might be an app that does this, but I'm unaware of one at the moment. The following link describes how I moved mine when I got my first iPhone.

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-import-google-contacts-to-icloud-account/

I believe SA Contacts will do that.
SA Contacts - Export/Import contacts to/from Excel by Sam Yu
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sa-...acts-to-from-excel/id379262343?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That app is nice and well if you want to leave the computer out of the process.

Otherwise it’s just export all contacts as vCard in gmail and import to iCloud on their web interface.

You still have to make a vCard. The OP didn't mention a computer.

bobobo3

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Step 1
Go into “Settings” and scroll down to “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.” Tap “Add Account” and you will get a visual list of the various email clients to which you can link your phone. Tap the Google tab.

Step 2
Fill out the required fields with your Gmail account information. Then tap the “Next” button on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Step 3
Fill out the “Outgoing Mail Server” box to complete the setup for your email account. In the Host box, type “m.google.com” and then tap “Next.”

Step 4
Back in the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” settings menu, select your newly configured Gmail from the “Accounts” list. Finally, slide the “Contacts” switch to the On position to sync your contacts between your phone and your account.