Why is the text on my iphone 6 disappearing after I use two dashes in a row?

I

iMore Question

After updating to iOS 11, all text I write after using double dashes -- disappears for the person receiving my text or email. Any ideas why this is happening? It happens when I use notes as well. I will see the text that I write and immediately after closing the app, all text after my double dash is gone. Any ideas why this is happening?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Have you tried a hard reset (reboot)? You might also try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After updating to iOS 11, all text I write after using double dashes -- disappears for the person receiving my text or email. Any ideas why this is happening? It happens when I use notes as well. I will see the text that I write and immediately after closing the app, all text after my double dash is gone. Any ideas why this is happening?

Nope. — As you can see, all text typed after the two dashes remain......As recommended above, reset your device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have my --set as a long hyphen — in text replacements. That may not be anything you would want, but I like the long one better than two small ones.

1aec5bccf727b13eb343736fb5689e26.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll