After updating to iOS 11, all text I write after using double dashes -- disappears for the person receiving my text or email. Any ideas why this is happening? It happens when I use notes as well. I will see the text that I write and immediately after closing the app, all text after my double dash is gone. Any ideas why this is happening?
    10-11-2017 08:39 PM
    Welcome to iMore! Have you tried a hard reset (reboot)? You might also try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-11-2017 09:04 PM
    After updating to iOS 11, all text I write after using double dashes -- disappears for the person receiving my text or email. Any ideas why this is happening? It happens when I use notes as well. I will see the text that I write and immediately after closing the app, all text after my double dash is gone. Any ideas why this is happening?
    Nope. — As you can see, all text typed after the two dashes remain......As recommended above, reset your device.
    10-11-2017 09:12 PM
    I have my --set as a long hyphen — in text replacements. That may not be anything you would want, but I like the long one better than two small ones.

10-13-2017 11:13 AM