Iphone 7 Boot loop

I

iMore Question

Hello Guys,
I came across a series of problems with an Iphone I recently purchased.
Well, I repair Iphones, but only the simple stuff.

So i bought this Iphone 7 that had a shattered screen and that was lagging and had an issue with the home button. Homebutton is clicking multiple times when you click it. Except that, it works fine.

I updated to Ios11 and boom...boot loop. I dug around and replaced some ribbon cables, displays, did some recoveries and found out that it would only boot up when I leave the proximity flex unplugged. It will take about 5 minutes to boot, but eventually it comes back to life.
Another thing I discovered is that voice record was not working. I read somewhere that this could indicate a PCB problem.
Next thing was the freezing. It works like a champ and lag free until i try to open an app, does not matter which. It will freeze for a few seconds.

I also found out that the guy i bought it from tried to repair it himself, lost some screws and the flex brackets.

Well, I hope that some of you guys can help me. I really hit a wall here.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello Guys,
I came across a series of problems with an Iphone I recently purchased.
Well, I repair Iphones, but only the simple stuff.

So i bought this Iphone 7 that had a shattered screen and that was lagging and had an issue with the home button. Homebutton is clicking multiple times when you click it. Except that, it works fine.

I updated to Ios11 and boom...boot loop. I dug around and replaced some ribbon cables, displays, did some recoveries and found out that it would only boot up when I leave the proximity flex unplugged. It will take about 5 minutes to boot, but eventually it comes back to life.
Another thing I discovered is that voice record was not working. I read somewhere that this could indicate a PCB problem.
Next thing was the freezing. It works like a champ and lag free until i try to open an app, does not matter which. It will freeze for a few seconds.

I also found out that the guy i bought it from tried to repair it himself, lost some screws and the flex brackets.

Well, I hope that some of you guys can help me. I really hit a wall here.

Maybe some missing parts and corrupted software. Don’t know much bout this, but someone who does will come back to you. Hope you get it fixed!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2